The Red Button | Teen Ink

The Red Button

March 14, 2024
By Anonymous

I was on a walk with my friend in the nice, warm, summer weather. We took a break and sat on a bench when a strange man walked up to me. He handed me a red button and said “don’t press the red button”  and then he just walked away. We thought nothing of it and headed back home.

  Once we got back to my house we went swimming. I set the button on the counter and headed outside but when I turned around to shut the door I saw my dog on his hind legs going after the button. I ran inside to grab it but I was too late and he pressed it. To my surprise nothing happened, everything seemed normal. I told my friend that nothing happened when he pressed it so that guy must have just been trying to scare us.

After a while of swimming we decided to get out and go get some ice cream. We made it to the ice cream place and got our ice cream when I noticed that the ice cream shop had a different name. I told my friend and she noticed it too but we thought that maybe we didn’t hear that they were going to change the name.

 We got in the car to head home when we started flying! Wings just grew out of the sides of the car and lifted us up into the air! The car went out of control and landed us on my roof. How are we going to get down now my friend said. I said we can jump into the pool. She agreed so we jumped but landed on a squishy surface. It was… JELLO! How did jello get into my pool? We struggled to get out but eventually did. When we stepped onto the sidewalk it was crunchy. It was GRAM CRACKER!

 Okay this red button definitely worked. That guy was not lying to me afterall. We ran inside and grabbed the red button. My friend said to smash the button, so we did. We thought it might stop all of this weird stuff that is happening… But it didn’t.

 I couldn’t sleep at night because of all of the weird things happening. We decided to watch a movie since we couldn’t fall asleep but the tv started spinning. That’s when we decided we needed to leave this country. We booked early flights to Mexico and packed our bags. We thought that maybe in Mexico it was normal and all of this weird stuff wouldn’t be happening there.

 The next morning we went to the airport and got on our flight. Once we landed everything seemed normal. We had finally escaped all of the weird stuff! We had an amazing time but after about three weeks one night my tv started spinning again. I yelled for my friend and told her… It's happening… again.