Gone | Teen Ink

Gone

Chandler woke up by hearing the ringing of his alarm, realizing he was late to school he got up and rushed to get dressed with not much time left he grabbed a snack and headed out the house. On his way to school Chandler bumped into his friends Stacy and Fred they were known for exploring abandoned places and nature. After school Stacy mentioned to them about a cave her aunt used to go too when she was younger. Last time her aunt went into the cave she was seventeen ever since no one has gone inside. They followed Stacy as she led the way on a cold afternoon. As soon as they arrived they entered the cave, and it was quiet all you could hear was there footsteps. They were laughing all the time not paying attention until Fred tripped on rock causing all the bats at the top of the cave to disperse. The bats started to screech like fingernails scratching a chalk board. When Fred got up they continued to walk further and further into the cave until something caught their eye. It was a door shaped like a sphere and it was outlined in bright red making it seem like blood. Anyone who would come across something like this would become as curious as they were. Without a second thought they decided to open the door and crawl in the hole, because it was rocky inside, they thought it was a secret passage that led into a hiding place. When they got to the other side of the tunnel, they crawled out of a door that looked similar to the last door almost as if they went in a circle not thinking much about it they didn’t crawl back in. It started to get dark, so they decided to walk home together and that’s when they noticed things started to look abnormal. It was suddenly snowing, and some buildings looked demolished and there were people looking at them. They went their separate ways and headed to their houses. When Chandler got home he called his mother and father, but no one answered, so he checked the whole house and his parents were nowhere to be found. Fred texted Chandler and Stacy saying that his parents are also missing so everyone decided to meet each other again and search around town. It felt like if they had walked around the whole world, but it was only one hour. During their search they saw no adults almost as if they disappeared. The tunnel must have had something to do with this thought Stacy because it felt as if everything went peculiar as soon as they stepped out of the cave. They paused for a moment at the sound of people talking. They were desperate for answers, so they approached them and asked what’s going on. They were also confused and said that every adult went missing. Thinking it was dream they went back home hoping that when they wake up everything will be ordinary. Unfortunately, a week passed by and Fred started to get violent he was searching for ways to get back to his normal life and wouldn’t find answers he was going insane gradually. The whole group will go back to the caves occasionally, but there was no door to be seen.