The huntsman and the wolf | Teen Ink

The huntsman and the wolf

By Browniemae BRONZE, Norwich, Other
Browniemae BRONZE, Norwich, Other

Huntsman

I trudged along the snowy path through the deserted woods, it was a winters evening and the cold air was viciously scraping at my skin. As I made my way back to our small villiage, I noticed some paw prints lingering in the darkness. Next to the paw prints were the prints of human shoes. I squinted in the darkness and tried to make out where the foot prints led...

wolf

I sprawled out on the grandmothers bed, yawning as a smile played on my red coated lips. Dizzily, I stumbled over to the sofa and rested my proud paws on the cushions. I was full. Full of flesh and gluttony. The fire flickered in front of me, I stretched and curled up for a nap.

Huntsman

Cautiously, I followed the paw and foot prints to a small, quaint cottage near the edge of the woods. The paw prints halted by the front door. That's odd I thought, the lights were off. The lights were always on whenever I passed the house. Mrs hood hated the dark. "Knock knock knock" barked my hand as it banged against the wooden door.

Wolf

cuddled up by the fire, I jumped at the sound of the front door. It must be a branch I thought dismissively. I tried to settle in back to sleep. "Knock knock knock" this time the sound was louder and more urgent, my ears pricked up and I was now alert.

Huntsman

"Hello" I called through the door. No answer. Quietly, I pulled up the latch and turned the door knob "ccccrrreeaaaacckkkk" I stepped through the doorway, my axe raised, I prayed that Mrs hood was ok.

Hi, I'm a young writer, obsessed with dark writing and murder mystery books. If you enjoyed reading this piece, please let me know and I will post more stories like this.