The Wanted of The Wild West | Teen Ink

The Wanted of The Wild West

By GarrettMcComb BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
GarrettMcComb BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

Riding into town on horseback, a serious yet irritated looking middle aged man named Todd was ready, the local barbershop was just across the street & as he hopped off his horse & tied it to the nearest pole, he made sure to button close his trench coat in order to make most of his body hidden & approached the place slowly but surely & in a quiet manner, as he reached the entrance of the barbershop he peeked his head inside & shockingly noticed that there was nobody to be found, he then quickly ran to the register & emptied it into his gray grab, while quietly bursting out in joy, “We hit the jackpot today boys” he whispered. Suddenly, while he scanned the barbershop once again he made contact with another man, the owner, “Step away from the money mr.” he said, completely frozen Todd realized he’d hit rock bottom & his mission was one short step away from failure. He was off, running as his trench coat waved side to side while blowing in the wind, & the owner had made it to the town’s sheriff, looking back as he ran Todd noticed the situation & decided to take extra measures to ensure he’d get away, he quickly distributed the money he’d stolen to those walking by him as best as he could, but then realized the sheriff was taking an alternative & hidden route to location, seconds later oblivious to where the sheriff was Todd had been rocked by the sheriff in a full on collision initiated from the sheriff’s running start.

This piece is meant to resemble the days of the Wild West, the wanted, & the town sheriffs.