Big Head | Teen Ink

Big Head

By cynlnev BRONZE, Middleboro, Massachusetts
cynlnev BRONZE, Middleboro, Massachusetts

I woke up with a major headache because last night I had to read and take notes for three of my classes. I don’t even think my notes make sense because I read way too much. I read about Peter Elbow for my English class, Social Ethics for my Philosophy class, and African American education throughout the years for my Exploring Education class. I take some Advil and get ready for class. I take a seat in my philosophy class; my head feels a little better. My professor begins class and we start having a discussion about chapter 2. I take out my notebook and start taking notes. He starts writing on the bored “Kant was a great defender of the enlightenment ideal” “In Europe the era of the 17th and 18th century where the idea of a global community or ethic was developed and defended was called The Enlightenment” “A key element of many religious moralities is the view that certain things are good for us to do because this is what God wants. This conception is often referred to as the Divine Command theory”. My hands started to hurt I couldn’t write anymore my head felt very heavy and hurt even more. He was talking and wasn’t really teaching; I could pay attention and I wasn’t learning. Class was finally over I get up and everyone is look at me weird. I turn to Leyla and I ask her “whys everyone staring at me?” she looks at me with bugged eyes and says “Cynthia your head is huge” I look at her and tell her she should learn how to give nice complements. I was going down the outside stairs walking to Miere and every step I took down those stairs my head launched forward. That’s when I noticed my head really was huge. I held my head up and started to run all the way to 246 my English class. I was sweating and embarrassed. I tried to put my hood on, but it wouldn’t fit. So, I put my head on the desk thinking no one would notice. Class began and my professor told me I needed to sit up and properly take notes. I put my head up and everyone just stared no one said a word, their eyes looked like it was going to fall out of their heads. Professor told everyone to pay attention to the bored. We started taking notes and my head hurt even more. It felt like I had a heartbeat in my head. My eyes started to twitch; my neck could no longer hold up my head. I moved my seat to the back of the room where I could lay my head against the wall. Class is over and my professor told me to stay behind. “Cynthia you need more words in your free write and you need to stop complaining about how you don’t like the articles you still need to do the work and do it right.” says my professor. All of a sudden my head started thumping faster and my whole body started twitching...then it happened my head exploded and all the notes, suggestion, homework assignments, everything that had to do with college and what people have said to me came out of ears and on to my body. Yes, everything someone had said to me that made me feel overwhelm come on to my skin as if it was tattoos.