Letter | Teen Ink

Letter

By 0mehling BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
0mehling BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin

Dear Mrs. Jorgensen, 

I would like to start off by saying that I am very excited to take this class. In the past I have not been the best writer in the world. I have always had a problem with using a lot of descriptive words and trying to meet length requirements in essays, also my grammar isn't very impressive. This being said, I am excited to learn how to be more creative in my writing. I am hoping that this class will teach me how to better use descriptive and better writing techniques to try to improve my writing.

I read the syllabus for the course and I think I can follow all of the rules and requirements that I will need to follow to be able to complete the course. I do have a couple questions about what we will be writing though. Like for example, Will the prompts be open ended? Like will the prompts lead us in a specific guided direction, or will the prompts want us to infer information and be more open wanting us to create our own? I think this class will be a good challenge for me if I have to write about things that are not 100% guided because it will force me to open up my creative side and not force me to write from a template/ script. 

Another thing that I like about the class layout is that there seems to be a lot of class time to work on essay revision. I like that the class has a peer editing aspect. I think this will greatly help me and it lets me get another opinion from somebody that also wrote a similar essay. It also gives me a chance to read somebody else's essay and it could potentially give me ideas about how to fix and make edits to my own essay. 

In conclusion, I am very excited and optimistic about this class. I am excited to see how much better and how much my writing can improve this semester. I think this class will help me a lot with essays and papers that I will have to write in college. 

Letter to my teacher