Drexel University | Teen Ink

Drexel University MAG

September 28, 2016
By Toni Nix BRONZE, Newport, New Hampshire
Toni Nix BRONZE, Newport, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Philadelphia: Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Drexel has a 96-acre campus and an amazing student-faculty ratio of 9:1. The population is mid-sized, with approximately 14,000 students. Drexel has 15 schools, including education, engineering, law, and medicine. There are over 80 full-time majors, and the study abroad program gives students the chance to explore 10 countries.

Campus residency is mandatory unless you’re a first-year student living with your parents; dorm life is a big part of the college experience. Each residence hall has its own layout and themes. The cafeteria is all-you-can-eat and contains third-party cafés such as Starbucks and Creese Café. You don’t need to leave campus to get a coffee, which is an advantage during the snowy winter months.

With the campus conveniently situated in an urban setting, there are many dining and shopping places nearby. There are also museums if you have free time and are interested in learning outside the classrooms. Bus stops at almost every block mean transportation is not an issue. Life at Drexel is exciting since there’s always something going on.

The cost of attendance is roughly $67,400 (including room and board, tuition and fees, books and supplies, and other expenses), but the top-notch education and the city life are well worth it. Attending Drexel is an experience of a lifetime; there are many people to meet, places to see, and fun things to explore. You won’t regret it.

Find out more at drexel.edu.