Grand Valley State University | Teen Ink

Grand Valley State University

By JessicaG BRONZE, Horton, Michigan
JessicaG BRONZE, Horton, Michigan

Allendale, MI: Visiting Michigan you wouldn’t expect much. You can see snow in the winter or green grass in the spring. Walking the sidewalks of Grand Valley State University you will notice the modern day buildings and the brick walls of each building. For anyone who wants to start a successful career you will want to go and stay in Allendale at Grand Valley.

Established in 1960, situated on 1,280 acres, Grand Valley sits just 12 miles west of Grand Rapids. It is located in the states second largest metropolitan region. This means that there are many things to do when you get some free time from studying. Becoming a part of about 25,000 students makes it easy to make new friends and become part of many societies and groups.

On top of the beautiful campus, Grand Valley offers many sports that you can get scholarships for and participate in. If you are a guy, try going for a baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, swimming and diving, tennis, and track and field. If you are a lady, try applying for sports such as basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field and volleyball. Becoming a part of these sports might enlighten your time during college. Grand Valley sports teams work hard, play hard, and win often during each game. Even if you don’t do any type of sports, experiencing the student sections is a fun time and a great experience as well.

Housing for Grand Valley is optional. You could live in Traditional Style Living Centers, Suite Style Living Centers, Apartment Style Living Centers, On Campus Apartments or GVA Family Housing. The university has on campus Public Safety, Grand Valley police, and a medical care unit on site.

Are you worried about your financial status? Don’t worry for too long. Grand Valley offers financial aid all over the campus.

Grand Valley is one of the best colleges in, and around Michigan. It has many options for everyone. I am considering this college a huge option for a place to educate myself the right way. For more information, visit www.gvsu.edu