Clark Atlanta | Teen Ink

Clark Atlanta

By ParrisWalters BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina
ParrisWalters BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina

It's not what you are called, but what you answer to

Clark Atlanta Review

When I pulled to Clark Atlanta University, it was a rainy morning. I wasn’t too excited to tour Clark Atlanta, because I was sleepy.it was wet and cold from the pouring down rain. Clark Atlanta is a great HBCU. They offer a lot to young aspiring students, that want the best for themselves. Clark is one of the top HBCU’s in the country. Clark is also one of the first Spelman and Morehouse are two more colleges that are4 HBCU’s. The man who greeted, and spoke to us was a May 2011 Clark Atlanta graduate. He knew everything from the school’s history, all the way up to the majors, organizations, sports, and room occupancy. Our spokesman told us that some of our favorite movies such as “Drumline” and “Stomp the Yard 1&2” were filmed on Clark’s campus. I was super excited, until he told me that Clark Atlanta doesn’t have a nursing major. I was so heartbroken, because I changed my mind about not wanting to go there. The environment of Clark Atlanta was nice and peaceful, even though Clark is located in between Morehouse College and Spelman College. I found it quite interesting that the three schools do a lot of things together. I also found it interesting that Clark does have a study abroad program. Study abroad is when you go out of the U.S. and tour different places that would help you get a better understanding of your major. I’ve never heard of it, but then I realized that even if I did do the Pre-Nursing major, study abroad could help me explore my career major. Clark Atlanta offers 18 categories that more than 26 majors fall under. The students at Clark were very nice and willing to help us explore more about the college. In order to get into Clark Atlanta you have to take the SAT, ACT, and your GPA has to be above 2.0. Clark Atlanta is a private institution so there is no in state or out of state tuition. The total tuition cost to attend Clark Atlanta University is $ 20,458. Clark Atlanta accepts many other scholarships that will go towards your tuition. The major scholarship you can receive is the Presidential. The Presidential scholarship consists of a full ride for all four years. I would possibly like to attend Clark Atlanta, but I have four years to decide where I want to go, but if I do decide to go to Clark Atlanta University, I would work my hardest to receive a Presidential scholarship. In order to live in the Non-Traditional suite, which is way bigger, you have to contact them a.s.a.p., if not you would have to live in the traditional, which is nice, but not so nice to live in. Clark Atlanta is a diverse university, but not a huge diverse institution. The ratio of females to males is 17:1. The freshmen are offered more freedom at Clark too. You are allowed to have a car with no curfew, but you have visitation hours. The hours start at five p.m. to 11 p.m. You also have to sign them in and out, with the number of visitors you have visiting you. The day I visited Clark I realized that, I have to do what’s best for myself and my education to succeed in life. Who knows, maybe you’ll see me somewhere around Clark Atlanta's campus.

I toured Clark Atlanta October 1st, and i hope you'll like my review