University of Vermont | Teen Ink

University of Vermont MAG

Burlington, VT: The laid-back atmosphere and ideal location of the University of Vermont has attracted students for generations. Founded in 1791, this public school has close to 10,000 students and offers 90 majors, 70 masters and 20 doctoral programs within its seven colleges. This Division One university offers 14 varsity sports for women and 12 for men, as well as an array of intramural sports.

UVM is said to have the ultimate location: it is two hours from Montreal, 20 minutes from Stowe Mountain Ski Resort, 10 minutes from the local beach and five minutes from Lake Champlain. Burlington has plenty of places to let students spend their time shopping and eating out.

Although it is a predominately white campus, several other colleges and universities are in the town, bringing a wider diversity of students to the area. Internships and study abroad programs are popular with students and encouraged by faculty.

If basking in the sun is a hobby, UVM may not be the right school for you. But if skiing, snowboarding and hiking are among your favorite activities, you may want to look into it. If you can handle the cold and want a mid-sized university with strong academics and never-ending fun, the University of Vermont is your school.

Reviewed in 2004

i love this !