Imaginative | Teen Ink

Imaginative

By AKidWithGlasses SILVER, Sacramento, California
AKidWithGlasses SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Being bad at something are the first few steps of being good at something"
-Jake the Dog, from adventure time.

Imagination. A concept that allows us to see the future in our eyes. But may blow realism out of proportions in some cases. Ronnie Merez. A name that was passed down through 3 generations, eventually landing on me. Ronnie G Merez lll. Being born outside the USA makes me a little bit different from everyone else, but still the same. Knowing that I'm a bit different makes my imagination run wild. Many movies fuel my imagination. But the movie Pacific Rim blows out of the water. When my prime days are over, and I have my dreams fulfilled, I'd want to settle down in a nice comfy home. Living life how I want to live it. My imagination helps me see this future. My Imagination helps me see it all.

Art. An activity that works together with imagination. Using both to create a picture from nothing. Utilizing both to see and image, and then draw it. Many things can show up in your mind, and those are things you can draw. I started drawing at a young age, maybe around 4 or 5, but when I first laid that pencil on the paper, and drew my first drawing, my imagination just clicked. Never before have I wanted to draw many things. I would have never imagined myself as an artist if I never picked that pencil up. But many images show up in my head, and it's not gonna stop anytime soon.

There are many movies that fuel my imagination, but one, called Pacific Rim, fuels it the most. It's about how humanity faces giant monsters with giant mechs, and the cgi and story is amazing. The action scenes feed my imagination like wood in a bond fire. I always imagine myself in their universe, feel what they feel. I always love sci fi/fantasy movies. The creativity in them always shows a hint of imagination. These movies open more doorways for my imagination to explore.

The machine that is my imagination is always playing. Though it shows me what I desire the most for the future. What it plays always sticks in my head. I desire to live a fulfilled life. To live quietly after settling down. Living in a house, watching the sunset over the hills. Knowing that I'll be an artist/animator, inspiring others to follow their calling.

Though realism can be quite disappointing, using your mind to imagine unbelievable scenarios can make things just a bit sweeter. This concept will always be running in your head, from birth to death, and who knows, it might just come true.

I plan to go to college to get a jump start in life. I plan to make many changes for myself that will effect me for the better.