If you could meet with any person, living or dead, for an hour, who would it be and what would you say to them? | Teen Ink

If you could meet with any person, living or dead, for an hour, who would it be and what would you say to them?

If I could meet with any person ever, I would meet with the Ms. Whoopi Goldberg. She, from her many public appearances, has presented to be a very open, loving, comedic, and just an overall wonderful human being. Whoopi is not only an EGOT but is a person who has shown her true opinions and ideas even when others may not agree. She doesn't seem to care one bit what people will say about her choices and opinions, she owns them and I aspire to hold that quality fully myself some day.

What I would say to her would be oh so much. I would likely begin with compliments full of gratitude for how wonderfully talented and strong she is. I would want to ask her what are some of the challenges she has faced with being open and so opinionated as a woman. What holds me back from showing who I truly am and how I truly feel is that worry that people will not agree with me and I will be hurt by that. I would want to know how she personally found a way to overcome that and rise above the opinions of others. That really is all I would ask. I feel those few questions and moments of gratitude would fill up the hour I would have. The personality of this woman and the interest I have in her would be more than enough alone.