Teachings from the World of Cartoons | Teen Ink

Teachings from the World of Cartoons

By SiddharthG. SILVER, Ajmer, Other
SiddharthG. SILVER, Ajmer, Other

“Turn off the TV outright. It’s been so long since you are watching these stupid cartoons” blazoned out my mother. So, I had to cut the TV and I walked to my room. There, I lied down on my bed. All of a sudden, a thought came to my head ‘Are cartoons really stupid? Does watching cartoons only mean wastage of time? Don’t cartoons teach us anything?

I started figuring out the answers to these questions of mine. I thought of the good things that the world of cartoons teach us. The first thing that came to my mind was ‘Friendship’. Cartoons teach us the value to be friends. Everyone in the world of cartoons are friends to each other. There is no place for hatred in this world.

The second thing I thought of was their attitude of dealing with failure. Cartoon characters teach us to not to brood over our failures but to try again. If one method doesn't work out, there are many other methods left. We have to be able to accept failure to get better. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Tom has tried so many times to catch Jerry. He failed every time. Yet, he never gave up.
Another thing that cartoons teach us is to keep smiling. How chirpy cartoons are! They look so full of life as there is smile always adhered on their faces. It’s good to smile. There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all. A smile is the prettiest thing one can wear.

The best thing that cartoons teach us is to live life to its fullest. Cartoons teach us to live the present to its fullest without any regret for the past and without any fear of the coming future.

Cartoons are amazing! Catch toons for the good things it has. Acquire their dear qualities. Learn from cartoons, our new teachers…