With the Band | Teen Ink

With the Band

By HaileyWritesFanfics, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
HaileyWritesFanfics, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

You ARE good enough!!

Alyssa's P.O.V:

My name is Alyssa James Dawson and I'm eighteen years old. My older brother is the drummer for All Time Low, a world famous band. I love their songs and although I've never met him, Alex is pretty cute. Speaking of Alex, Rian has this thing, where he doesn't want me and Alex crossing paths. Rian knows that I think Alex is cute, but he doesn't want me to be heartbroken if I get rejected or something. As sweet as my brother is, I really want to meet Alex and be able to hug him. Even if it means "accidentally" bumping into him.

Alex's P.O.V:

My name is Alexander Gaskarth and I'm the lead singer of All Time Low! My buddy, Rian, always talks about his younger sister and she sounds so cool and nice. But, every time I ask if I can meet her, he shoots me down with a simple "no." I wonder why that is, I mean, the other guys met her and hang out with her. Does Rian think that I'm gonna break her heart or something?!

Alyssa's P.O.V:

I told Rian I was going to my friend's house for the night and he bought it. I was really going to follow him to the studio. My friend, Paulina, was driving me and she was going to wait in the car while I sneak in a meet Alex. After Rian started driving away, I hopped in Paulina's car and she drove behind him. I can't believe I'm actually going to meet THE Alex Gaskarth! It took about two hours to get to the studio. Once we reached the entrance, I waited until Rian had entered and followed behind. I hid in across the hall from their recording room. My plan was to wait for Alex to leave the room and act like I didn't see him.

Alex's P.O.V:

Rian got here just in time, but before we could start, I told the guys I'd be right back. As I walk down the hall, to the bathroom, I didn't notice the other person there, until, we collided. " Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there, I'm..." Before I could finished, the girl spoke over me. "Alex Gaskarth from ATL!" She knew me, it's so nice to meet the fans! "I know, my brother is in your band and I love you!!" she spoke again. This must be Rian's sister. "Wait, are you Rian's sister, Alyssa?!" She shook her head and pulled into hug. "You're so pretty! How come we've never met before?" Alyssa explained how Rian is overprotective and wouldn't let her meet me. She also told me, that, if we are to hang out more, we'd have to do it secretly.

Alex's P.O.V:

I met Alyssa where she said to and we decided to go shopping. When we got to the store, I pointed out some All Time Low merch and she put them in the cart as we moved on. I really like hanging out with her, who knew she'd be so fun?!

Alyssa and Alex continued to hang out everyday of the month of June. Every time they were together, Alyssa couldn't help but get butterflies in her stomach. She was beginning to grow romantic feelings for Alex. She would start getting lost in her thoughts whenever he looked at her. There was no way that Alyssa would tell him how she feels. She was way to nervous as it was, there was just no way.

Alex's P.O.V:

Today was the day of the show! I've been spending so much of my free time with Alyssa and even invited her to the show! It sucks that she has to hide whenever her brother is near. I have to say, though, spending so much time with her was amazing and I think I'm really falling for her. I don't care anymore about Rian, I'm going to confess my love for her onstage! She means too much to me to hide it anymore. Rian can ban us from seeing each other, but, at least she'll know how I feel.

Alyssa's P.O.V:

Alex and the guys were getting ready for their show and I was hiding backstage from Rian. I hate that we have to sneak around, Alex and I. Maybe, one day, Rian will stop being so protective. I really want to be with Alex, but he probably doesn't like me. Before I could go deep into thought, I hear Alex's beautiful voice say, "Listen up everybody, before we go on, I have a confession to make. There's this girl who I've been hanging out with for a while and I want to tell her, as well as you guys, how I really feel about her!" Wait, does he like me back and what about Rian?!?

Alex's P.O.V:

"So, this girl, she's here tonight, but she had to hide or else her brother would freak!(Rian glares at Alex in rage) But, I don't care anymore! I love her and I don't want to hide that forever! Alyssa, if you're listening, I love you and I want to be with you!" I can see Rian glaring at me, but my focus isn't on him. It's on Alyssa, who's making her way up to the stage. "I love you too, Alex! You're the best thing to happen to me and I wanna be with you too!" After a brief pause, we both lean in and our lips touch while everybody is cheering us on! " Alyssa James Dawson, will you be my girlfriend?" She shakes her head yes as we kiss once more with the crowd cheering us on!

Alyssa and Alex are finally dating and Rian talked it over with them, he's on board with it. He did say "Break her heart and I'll leave you without a drummer." With that, Alex promised not to break her heart and they lived on being happy.