Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

booklover4ever said...
O my GOD. She did NOT write the book, she probably paid somebody to write it! Not to be mean or rude, but i cant believe you actually think she wrote it.

1two3Kelsey replied...
May 19, 2010 at 9:21 pm :
True, Miley has managers (as all celebrities) that make decisions for her and do things for her, but that doesn't mean she didn't get any input, or atleast co-write it. Honestly, I think she wrote it, but had a little help - she's not a proffesional author & it says in the book. She probably had someone edit it for her, but I'm sure Miley wrote most of the book & gave the most input. I give her credit, if you look at who writes her songs, it's usually not her. BUT the book says... (more »)

inayat replied...
May 27, 2010 at 6:44 am :

wat ever my comments are for the writer of this passage

JacieRae said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 6:47 pm:
This review is completely true and well-written! I read the book also, and it's amazing. Good job! :)

Miles to go/vanessa said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm:
Yo he leído 5 veces el libro y me da mucha pena lo de vanessa me la imaginaba muy guapa y sabes que me puse a llorar cada vez q lo leo es súper triste Miley te comprendo

writergirl13 said...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 1:47 pm:
Not to be mean to you or anybody else who is a fan of Miley Cyrus, but i just don't think the book is that legit. personally, i doubt miley wrote that book herself, i think maybe she had someone like a manager or publicist or anyone write it for her, and i don't really believe that the story about the little girl Vanessa was true. maybe she dramatized it or something. I don't know. That's just my personal opinion. i realize there are lots of pepole who are still her fans afte... (more »)

BasketballChick5 replied...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 12:36 am :
I agree with you writtergirl13!!!!!!

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 11:42 am :
That's True! Miley couldn't have wrote the book. She is 17. What seventeen year is gonna want to write a book. I agree with you writergirl 13!

skywitch replied...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 4:47 pm :
I would write a book at 17.

sad_toaster_made_of_glass replied...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 2:15 pm :
I have to say that I wanted to write a book at 13, but I agree she couldn't have written this herself. She couldn't go through what we do considering she has it all. It's just another way to make money in my opinion.

hatelove replied...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 9:54 pm :
I dont think she can write a biogrophy she is 17!!! that is just stupid at least wait till your like 35 come on people. its jujst not right you have your houl life ahead of you!

TaylorSwiftMusic4Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 10:40 pm :
There are a lot of people who would write a book at 17. Aren't you on TeenInk to improve and share your writing? Miley has already proven that she is a talented songwriter, so it's not shocking in the least that she decided to write a book. And yes, she had help from Hilary Liftin while writing, but the book is "BY: Miley Cyrus, WITH: Hilary Liftin".

BATMANNN replied...
May 18, 2010 at 6:33 am :

If everyone here actually read the book, then you would know that Miley wrote the book. A lot of the stuff she's wrote about could not have been made up or fudged by some publicist or writer. You don't have to like her, but you've got to give her credit. The book is good, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her a little more.

And writergirl13, the story about Vanessa is 100% real. She met her at a hospital Miley was visiting and kept in touch up until the day Vanessa died. She also re... (more »)

StarlightStormcloud replied...
May 19, 2010 at 8:51 pm :
Honestly, I agree with writer girl.  I wouldn't waste my money on what seems like another attempt to appease haters and make fans think that she is less dysfunctional.  That Vanessa story sounds like a bunch of cheesy nonsense to me.  I'm sorry but I cannot bring myself to take seriously a book written by a 17 year old with outside help.  The fact that she's a songwriter doesn't reveal a single thing about her ability to craft a novel!! 

1two3Kelsey replied...
May 19, 2010 at 9:25 pm :
Writergirl13, Of course she is going to dramatize certain things to make herself more interesting, and I'm sure her managers and editors added some things that aren't true, but I think that she wrote the basis and the editors put certain things in there too. Nice comment.

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 12:26 pm:
can someone tell me how to get the picture of the book as you pic when u submit a review

Ladekeye said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 8:53 am:
Not used to reading books about Miley's life . . . but this book might change that ! Good job :)

Yvaine_96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 7:58 am:
i dnt really like miley but i wanna read this. I love reading because it gives me a clearer viwe of the world through other people's eyes

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 7:46 pm:
i never read it because i don't like her!!!!!!Lol sorry people who love here but she's a totall brat!

volleyball#12 replied...
May 8, 2010 at 10:45 pm :
ok-well in my opinion i am just wondering how you can sit and call miley a brat..? i mean i dont know her but that doesnt give you the right the call somebody a brat if you have no clue who they really are.

DanceAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 19, 2010 at 7:11 pm :
I agree with volleyball#12. I may not be Miley's biggest fan, but how can you call someone a brat who you've never met or even talked to? It's just kinda ridiculous and a little bit pathetic, too.