Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

fizzi-lou said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 10:24 am:
I must admit I'm not the worlds biggest Miley fan but this book is amazing and a definate must-read. I have both the hardback and update paperback versions of this book and I love to read it. For someone who is only the same age as me, she is very wise and writes very meaningfully in this book!

mileymileymiley replied...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 8:45 am :
You know she didn't write it by herself right? She had a co-author...she probably didn't even do all the great writing herself.

chey13 replied...
Dec. 28, 2010 at 7:22 pm :
haha Miley Cyrus writing a book!! Sorry to all her fans, but that is hard to believe. I'm going to try to take the time to read it to see if it is all what people say it is.

basketballsrr:) said...
Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:17 am:
i loved your reveiew, athough, it could be better if you included more details, but other wise, great job

sunshinegurl said...
i really liked what this person wrote i wish i can read the book and see how i will feel in the future

dolphinluver12 replied...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 3:25 pm :
That sounds like a great book even though I'm not like a huge fan of her.....

TheMusicalFaery said...
Great review, I love it! It makes me want to go buy the book. :) Well done!

Love Chick replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:47 am :
I like that comment and I already bought the book I love it and I dont know why everyone hates her the book tell me who she realy is and I love the book!

Fifteen_Roses This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This review really helped me see past the prejudicecs and stereotypes of Miley. It made me appreciate her more. Nevertheless, her music videos and songs are still crude and disgusting. Miley may be a wonderful person off stage, but she needs to change her image onstage for more people to believe.

Outstanding review. :)

Harrypotter202abc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 18, 2010 at 9:49 pm :

That's totally true.

If she wants to be accepted as a deep an good person she needs to start acting like one.

Her music video 'Can't be tamed' was downright crude.

Brooke replied...
Jun. 29, 2011 at 8:04 am :
Ok this was the best comment i have read so far!!!! Its so true!!! 

McNinabean said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 11:23 am:
 I loved your review! Like some people said, I'm not really a fan of Miley, but now I'm tempted to go out and read the book just because you're review was so good :)

swifthearth said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 4:20 am:
i like your review in terms of presentation and organization. very well written.

Dianne!! said...

Even though I personally don't like Miley, I really enjoyed this review! :]

There's something about the way you write it that just makes me want to keep reading it.

Babygirl809 said...
It upsets me when young stars write about their lives. Like seriously you are only what 18...19...20 wat have u done in ur life that is so amazing. U havent had time to change the world. That plus I hate miley cyrus. Shes so fake n her songs suck. 

splinteredsunlight replied...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:30 pm :
I don't think this is necessarily true. Some young people have had vast experience and accomplished a lot. Important and influential events can sometimes happen very early in life. I'm fifteen, but I've been through a lot in life already. See my nonfiction personal experience piece "My Journey Towards Discovering the Meaning of Life" if you want verification/clarification. Whether Miley Cyrus has yet done anything important with her life is a matter of opinion, but I think that it's a pretty bro... (more »)

summertime13 said...
lol i dont realli like miely cyrus but the story was ok

mz.marialuv said...
i luv miley cyurs fover and ever

autumn said...
lol gurl ........................................................

xxEllaxStarxx said...
I'm not a fan of Miley, and never will be, but i enjoyed reading this review a lot! nice job! ^_^ 

hanna said...

hi people