Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

nerdyfishThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh my gosh! This review makes me want to rent it from the library. Keep up the good work and stay true to your heart. Nice review.

lilly.gilmore said...
Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:08 am
i love this book

Aeryka said...
That's so cool! I want the book now!

miley cyrus said...
Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:27 am
this book is not that good for some but it ok i'm not than good so reply for more book like than so late bye bye :)

allforanimals1 said...
I thought this review summed up the story perfectly. I agree that the style and voice of the writing was as if she were talking to you personally. Sometimes I wonder if there is a side to the teen sensation that the media won't tell us about - this book shows that.    Although Miley has seemed to change her values in the years since she wrote the book, I wonder if there is still a part of that sensitive young girl inside.    Thanks for a great review. :) 

KaTie98 said...
Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:43 am
I think this review was really good! It did exactly what book reviews are supposed to do, I got interested in a book I would never even think about reading. . I am not a Miley fan but I have nothing against her. I like her music and I think she is a great actress. But this review changed my view towards her, now I just like her more!

PaperWriter said...
Sept. 25, 2012 at 9:31 am
For some reason I've always like Miley, there is just something about her. After this great review I will be checking this book out of the library! Well done :)

. said...
I agree with you!

GabrielleAtkinson said...
I Am Sorry I Thought She Was Amazing, But Now She Does Drugs And P o r n. I Don't Ever Think Of Her As A Role Model Again I Am Not Being Mean I Just Cannot Trust Her Again

NoRulesJustWrite This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I understand. This review is from years ago when she was a better role model. Sad to see her this way.

Kari Fordice said...
When I first read this I felted so much love, heartfelt touch and emotion. The title Miles To Go out of me I smile and couldn't wait to read it. As for u all face bookers, here's what I do get up active lee go stores or libraries to get this.

saranova_92 said...
While Miley may be really talented, she certainly doesn't live out the Christian values she claims to believe in . . in light of the clothes she wears, who she hangs out with, the whole pole dancing & bad pix thing.... dating an underwear model & making out on the beach. I realize it's hard for kids to stay straight in Hollywood, so maybe it's better if their parents show more responsibility for them. And why would she call herself a Christian if she can't take a... (more »)

pinkowl said...
i love miley so much. as i love this short but sweet article. miley is my fav person ever, and i hope to meet her! i believe i share the title with you on being her number 1 fan. <3 good work, i'm glad this got put in the mag.

NintaiKyouboku said...
I liked this book, and this review was good. However, many celebrities use ghost writers, and it is very likely that Miley Cyrus used one too, so I must take the praise in the review with a grain of salt.

SongAway said...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 9:11 am
Ghost writer?

LexieN14 replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:31 am
Good job with this review

jaigeladyrocks replied...
hey guys mileys a great person i luv her so much miles to go was great but sad wen venessa died ya reply if u luv miley

Bookworm1998 replied...
yupyupyup! i still <3 her soo much!

asofnowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Ghost writer means somebody helped write the book for her. In addition, they may have written white lies in it.

Bookworm1998 said...
i really liked her book too! it was a great story to lie in bed with and to share with friends. i feel Miley really is a great person despite what the media is saying about her. even with all the rumours and stories about her flying about, i know that the down-to-earth girl that wrote this wonderful book is still with us.