Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Feb. 18 2010 at 3:19 pm
AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

good guess, writer658, ut unfortunately you are wrong. I fin the story line of Twilight dull, hard to follow, and jagged. Also the book is incredibly easy- but i have a high reading level so most books are. think the vampires were a little cool, but thats it. And the writing ability is nothing compared to that of Harry Potter.

on Feb. 18 2010 at 10:35 am
Piper_at_the_gates SILVER, Kennebunk, Maine
to the author of the comment- I do think you like the story, not the book itself. If you haven't noticed there's a difference. Twilight is very similar to Harry Potter in that they both have very good storylines. But the authors do need to work on their writing skills before writing a novel.

on Feb. 18 2010 at 10:32 am
I agree with you, the stories were ok, but the writing needed help.

on Feb. 14 2010 at 8:46 pm
adristar96 SILVER, Miami, Florida

Life is like a box of chocolate, You'll never know what your gonna get. :) Forest Gump

well unlike some of you I liked the book. it could have been better though. BUT the movie was terrible it had awful lighting and the cast wasn't the well thought out

on Feb. 10 2010 at 11:49 am
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
what i hate about twilight is that they changed a vampire wich was cool into somethign lame

Primreaper said...
on Feb. 1 2010 at 8:26 am
i aggre its a terrible book

on Jan. 31 2010 at 3:38 pm
--LoveHappens--, Fairfield, Connecticut

"A friend is someone who knows you, but loves you anyway"

I love this book too although I do think that it is bad writing but I just can't help it's such a great love story. Please read my memoir and tell me how you like it!!!

on Jan. 31 2010 at 12:05 pm
StandardToaster PLATINUM, Pasadena, California

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy ever minute of it."

nice review. check out my poetry plz?

on Jan. 28 2010 at 6:22 pm
Prosaic-Scriptor BRONZE, Davis, California
It's a fine review. Horrible book.

Lillith BRONZE said...
on Jan. 26 2010 at 11:27 am
Lillith BRONZE, Frankfort, Kentucky

Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them.
Dr. Martin Henry Fischer

Please read my essay where I try to figure out how everything went wrong with vampires.
http ://www.teenink .com /opinion/pop_culture_trends/article/161576/The-Tragic-Tale-of-How-the-Hideous-Dracula-Became-a-Sissy-Who-Happens-To-Sparkle/

Avoris said...
on Jan. 25 2010 at 9:40 pm
If you are dumb enough to take my saying 'real vampiers' litteraly then you have the mentality of the moronic teenagers.
In now way was that meant to be taken litteraly and yes I did attempt to read the books but they were such crap that I ended up using the pages to wipe my butt.
Mrs. Meyer is a horrid writer and any one that revered to another writers make of vapires as being grose she lost any respect that I would have had for her.

on Jan. 20 2010 at 5:14 pm

— John Green

great review of a horrible book. Twilight has a good idea behind the story, but stephenie meyer cannot write.

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2010 at 5:03 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

forgot a space. I thought I fixed that...

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2010 at 2:58 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

scratch that. 50 pecent not. (see other comment!)

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2010 at 2:57 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Alright, I'm gonna stop fighting you on this. Mostly because in a few ways, you ARE right. Some of the character structure was poor, and the plot of Twilight doesn't come in till the end. The books don't have much substance, either. They're really simple, The plot is unoriginal in some places, blah blah blah. I still love them, but it's just not worth it.

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 19 2010 at 5:07 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

that stuff about the bad vampire's begining doesn't matter. What matters is that they are a threat to the main characters. So you pretty much dissagree with everything I think about, considering that Twilight digs deep into everything else in my head.

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 19 2010 at 5:03 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

kay, well, she and Edward and Jacob don't fight in the battle at the clearing, but it's a lot of stress for all of them. I t adds on to the whole "they'll go out of their way to protect eachother" thing.

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 19 2010 at 5:01 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

me too. I was starting to be kinda down on my novel, but she inspired me to keep going.

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 19 2010 at 5:00 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

please look at my articles, Kristen? It would mean a lot to me!

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 19 2010 at 4:58 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

forgot a space between hear and my.

Oh, and it looks like Kristen Stewart was already on here... how do you konw Stephenie Meyer won't be? And you could say her first name. No matter how much you hate her books, she's still a person.