Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Mar. 22 2010 at 7:14 pm
I don't agree one bit...I hate Twilight

on Mar. 21 2010 at 12:32 am
BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

YOU know what i dont i watch it becasue Jacobs in it and he is a sexy man!!!:) and i am not hatin on the author eaither!

on Mar. 19 2010 at 11:01 am
musiclover123, ., Other

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. <3

I LOVE YOUR ARTICLE ND TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!im a big fan!!!!!!!!!you made em look rlly rlly good!!!!

whuzzy said...
on Mar. 18 2010 at 9:48 am
yea thats cool but thy are black

on Mar. 17 2010 at 6:00 pm
hiddenvallyranch BRONZE, New York, New York
Hmmm....

Real Vamps are all diffrent colors!

Do u actally think there real!?

It is just a myth!

on Mar. 17 2010 at 3:50 pm
Alexis7674 BRONZE, Willamsburg, Virginia
Eclipse is the best out of all of them

eb13444 said...
on Mar. 17 2010 at 9:47 am
yo real ones are blacxk for da hood shawty

on Mar. 17 2010 at 8:11 am
Really?????No there all different races. U have no right to comment saying that vampires are only BLACK! think before you post something!

teddybear said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 7:34 pm
lol i know i loved it because it shows that love can conqor all

on Mar. 16 2010 at 4:07 pm
sasssgirrrl22 PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"Giving up is not a part of my vocabulary."
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
"Truth be told I miss ya, truth be told I'm lying."

wow. i luv this. im a pretty big fan of twilight myself, & u did a perfect job describing it. my fave line is the last xD plz keep writing

on Mar. 16 2010 at 1:32 pm
SingerAtHeart, San Diego, California

go for your dreams

You know what i love twilight and don't be hatin on the author okkkk gezzz you guys are so meannnn!

on Mar. 16 2010 at 12:19 pm
BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

HEHEHEHEHE NO WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IT TO DREMER4:s

dreamer4 said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 12:17 pm
shut up !!!!!!!!!!lol

on Mar. 16 2010 at 12:16 pm
BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

DREAMER1 OR WHATEVER YOU ROCK MAHAHAHAHA

on Mar. 16 2010 at 12:01 pm
BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

Wow sister i can't belive you read the books 2times your crazy!!! And you spelled Christmas wrong!!!!HAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHE

ktbugg BRONZE said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 9:36 am
ktbugg BRONZE, West Plans, Missouri

"love is the closest thing to magic"

i know,its not all romance thats what makes it cool. my guy friends said its a chick flick but its popular with girls and guys so yea.its a really cool book and movie.

on Mar. 16 2010 at 8:59 am
I loved this book. I'm a guy and it is still good. Everyone says it is all romance, but it isn't.

on Mar. 15 2010 at 9:21 am
dreamer#1)* BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio

yesterday is history, tomorow is a mystery, today is the presant, that is why it is called a gift

lol i know....i LOVE twilight and i got the $80 box set for cristmas and have read it 2 times.... but the movies were all wrong.....

on Mar. 13 2010 at 10:01 pm
Silevryn BRONZE, Osceola, Missouri

"The world hasn't become more violent, it's become more televised"

im sorry, but no. the twilight series turned vampires from powerful forces to be reckoned with into pale teenagers with too much body glitter and commitment problems.

on Mar. 12 2010 at 9:39 am
BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

Ok.....reading each one 12times is crazy!!! once you read it and have it memorized wordby word why even bother reading it over adn over again?!?!?!?!?!?!

<3 I LoVe Me <3