Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

Want to hearmy theory? Well, it seems like you hate me so you probably don't... I'll tell you anyway. I think people who are a little more sensitive like romances better. I've always been more sensitive than my older sister, and everything in the books stuck in my head. Some people are just the kind of person who doesn't forget things like that. Not all people are the same.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

What do you mean "real vampires?" As far as I know the books are fiction. That just proves my point that Stephenie Meyer put her own original spin on a classic tale. So.... ATTEPTING to read it? So you never really did... How would you Know?

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

100 percent not.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! That's so cool, you're like famous! big fan!!!!! You and rob are my ipod wallpaper!

JohnBosworth GOLD, Midland, Texas

"I am Jack's smirking revenge"

And its still better.

KaThywuf BRONZE, Sombor, Other

When it seems there's no way out, when it seems to you that you're falling apart, that you're loosing yourself, just believe, hope, have a faith.... And you'll stand up and keep on with your life like nothing happened, you'll be happy and free....

I really like her writing style, it's great! At the moment I read Twilight I fell in love with vampires, werewolves, Bella, Cullens, Jacob (specially him!)... Twilight makes you think- about life, love... The characters are described very good so it isn't hard to imagine them or situation they're in... So, I read four books five times already (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn- my mum is really afraid that I'm ready for a mad house) and I will read "The Host" too, Aldo it is not the same subject, I just have to read it because I have a feeling it great just as Twilight... I really hope the Midnight Sun is coming out soon... I can't wait for it! :)

on Jan. 17 2010 at 10:11 am
littlebluepenguin SILVER, Rockaway, New Jersey
I'm not particularly a fan of the book or this review. It just hasn't convinced me to see anything good about the book. Meyer tends to focus too much on their relationship than actual plot development. She rushes in some action at the end of these novels. It's a romance, so it tends to appeal to people, but I hope people realize this is fiction. It's a shame that so many females view a fictional character as the ideal boyfriend/husband. It's also a disgrace to the male population. By the way, I'm a female. I have also read the host, and although it was a bit better than Twilight, it hasn't convinced me to be much of a fan of Meyer.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Dr.Suess has illustrations.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Yes, newborn vampires were a HUGE problem to Bella in Eclipse. Victoria and her little assistant almost killed Bella!!!!

I do kind of Know what you mean. The Books were a little simple, but that's not why I liked them. It was how much Bella and Edward cared about eachother- I almost cried!

Plus, I don't think most guys would like the books. it's a ROMANCE, need I say more?!

ODgamer said...
on Jan. 15 2010 at 8:23 am
Oh baby ! Bella's so hot ! Nice review, baby !

JohnBosworth GOLD, Midland, Texas

"I am Jack's smirking revenge"

That was not Jacob's original quote. That's the album name from one of my favorite thrash metal bands in 1988. And c'mon, the bad vampires are side characters that dont have any depth whatsoever. You have no apparant reason to hate them other than the fact that they want to eat Bella. Meyer doesnt tell you anything about these characters. How did they meet? How did they become vampires? Theres zero depth...And honestly, is there even newborn vampires that cause a problem to Bella in the series? I mean, sure, there off causing chaos, but this doesnt effect Bella at all. And ya, I did read the Host. Much better, but still poorly written. Although the plot was enjoyable and original.

Karma_Chameleon SILVER, English, Indiana

To be able to say "I love you" one must first be able to say "I" - Ayn Rand

Vivid? Hardly... Dr. Seuss has better character development than Meyer, and don't even get me started on her vocabulary and sentence structure.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

John, if you hate the books so much, then why is your personal quote something Jacob said in Breaking Dawn? And also, you think the story needs more issues? Laurent, James, Victoria, the Volturi, the newborn vampires- what more do you want?

But seriously, if you haven't yet, you should really try the Host.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

that "a" was an accident.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Okay, I'm gonna beg you to look at my stuff. My article on the Host, and my article on the shadow children books. Please rate and comment on mine, too. It may sound pathetic, but I'm a new. PLEASE!!!!!!!! Oh, and great article by the way.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

The reason they became a "global phenomenon" is that the books are so vivid. And once that image gets in your head, it shows no signs of leaving. You gotta give meyer that, at least. Am i the only one who feels that way?

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

anyone who said how terrible you think the books are, how do you think Stephenie Meyer would feel if she saw that?

You really should try reading her other book, the Host. There's no way on earth she copied any of that- just look at the book review i wrote on it!!!!

Avoris said...
We should... stupid sparkly vampires... moronic teenagers...

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 10 2010 at 8:53 am
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Whoops!!!! Sorry about my typo. Anyway, I didn't get to say all that I wanted to say.

I just wanted to say to all of the anti-twilight people out there, it's not Stephenie meyer's fault that you think the plot is unoriginal. It's not like she was careful to make a best-selling book. She got a dream in her head, and wrote it down. If you're a writer yourself, you should know what I'm talking about.

And, by the way, think that no other vampire romance has content anything like the twilight books. In case you didn't guess, I HAVE read all the books, and then some.

Yes, I loved your review, and I agree with you completely. It's so vivid, It really DOES feel like your watching a movie, only more accurate to the book.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

You are so right! Those books shouldn't be judged by those squealy girls obbsessed with the stars. You described how the books are grat, NOT the movies, I thought it was great!!!!