Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Apr. 7 2010 at 5:59 am
I completely agree. Twilight's plot, characters, and movie are all extremely shallow. Bella's attachment to Edward so that she goes into some kind of zombie mode when he leaves is an insult to all girls around.

on Apr. 4 2010 at 4:13 am
ItsOnWithBri BRONZE, Riverside, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...what a stupid lamb..what a sick masochistic lion.

i love twilight im a big fan ive read them all at least 13 times and i can't stop reading them. and for me to do that its impossible i hardly ever read. stephanie meyer did a really good job on these books and for a first time author...Amazing!!!

neimyne BRONZE said...
neimyne BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Ack sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to JacobMeeks; I clicked the wrong button.

neimyne BRONZE said...
I kind of agree with you on that point. Bella's relationship with Edward only pulls her away from her family and discourages real social interaction with human characters. He rids her of independence and is also rather emotionally abusive towards her :/

neimyne BRONZE said...

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

"If you do not love God then you do not know God for God is love" 1 John 4:8

i agree with you on that

Nina.C said...
My favorite is Eclipse but Harry Potter is still better lol

bornforsports96 BRONZE, Sevierville, Tennessee

Love doesn't have a rhyme or reason, time or place, love just happens.

I was never into any kind of vampire/werewolf books until Twilight. Now it is my subject of fascination. Stephenie introduced me to a whole new prospective of vampires and romance.

Did you really think it was that great? I mean, yes, it did initially hook most people because of the romantic aspect and the plot line but ... do you really think it's well written? I mean, your writing is probably better than Stephenie Meyer's ...

AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

are you kidding? Twilight is horrible. Stephenie Meyer can't write, the characters are flimsy, and the plot is roughly put together. Harry Potter is so much better

inheavenshands BRONZE, Kaysville, Utah

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::

I personally think Twilight is an average written book. For meyers first book it wasn't too bad, but it was in no way orginal. Twilight is just overated.

dfdchjjj said...
on Mar. 29 2010 at 9:36 am
sure they are stupid

_NoAir_ BRONZE said...
on Mar. 28 2010 at 10:56 am
_NoAir_ BRONZE, Toronto, Other

There are as many ways to live as there are people in this world. Each one deserves a closer look.

–Golly (Harriet The Spy)

PEOPLE CAN YOU PLEASE READ MY WORK AND COMMENT??

katiebeth___ SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Que sera, sera.:)

yeah, i understand what you're saying. and honestly, it's fiction anyway, and i didn't mean that everybody doesn't believe in love if they don't like it. aha. but i was just saying that it did have good adjectives and what not, and some people have different versions of love i suppose. but anyways, didn't mean to offend you if i did.

BlueberryPoptartHasAnAmazinglyLongScreenname BRONZE, Some Town, New York

"Oh. You can't help that we're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."- Cornelius Fudge, Harry Potter

"I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick."

Wait not to this artical, I was saying I think it had a miserable plot and such, but it was a fun short easy read.

I agree compleately.

I believe in love. I don't believe what Edward and Bella had was love. It was obsessive. I wouldn't love someone who stared in my bedroom window without asking. And theres the age gap, which always makes me think of Bella making out with someone old enough to be her grandfather...but obviously that's not the popular opinion.

Gosh don't be rasict against the vampires.

S-Chique00 GOLD, Dundalk, Other

Rocky Balboa: You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

I don't really agree with you, as I read the first book and it want way under my level of expectation; however, you have a wonderful journalism style.

GuadalupeTellez BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

sentir ser mejor es mejor
no creer en el amor
asi como le hago yo[: -PXNDX
&Maybe We Have to Break Everything to Make Something Better of Ourselves. -Fight Club
I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color.
Malcolm X

My favorite is Eclipse of all the series. I've read all four of the books and as soon as i finished the first book i wanted to continue with the next. It was exciting! :D The books are amazing and you article shined on them perfectly. Great job!:)