Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

November 8, 2007
By Anonymous

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
BY: J.K. Rowling
Fantasy





Set in 1990's England and in the Wizardry world, 17 year old Harry Potter is on a quest to find and destroy the horcruxes. His two friends Hermoine and Ron drop out of Hogwarts to help Harry finish his quest that Dumbledore left him. A boy that survived the death curse and now is getting hunted down. All three are on the run hiding in different places so they don't get caught. Looking all over for the horcruxes that Voldemort made.

A good theme that would describe Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows would be good versus evil. Harry, Hermoine, and Ron are moving from place to place looking for and destroying the rest of the horcruxes. Engraved on Harry's parent's grave was “the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death”. J.K. Rowling did well in describing realistic details such as when the teachers and some students dueled Voldemort and his followers to give Harry more time to look for a horcruxe hidden at Hogwarts.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows is about the same as The Lord of the Rings books because there is people and thing that can't happen in both books. Both books theme could be good versus evil and both books are fantasy. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows is an okay book because it is the best of the series. Since it's the last book of the series this book gets you reading and it's as if you don't want to let it down and stop. There's lots of action that hardly stops and gets your adrenaline going so you want to finish and know what happens in the end. People that are still into fantasy and are patient enough without skipping to the end would surely like this book because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows is made up of pure fantasy and suspense.