Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ok so i know what you mean by this and yeah a lot of the time we girls feel this way. The truth is, and I've noticed, guys just wanna have fun. Usually by the time they get to grade 11 or 12 that whole aspect dies down and they'll start falling for the character. I actually think it's not too horrible if they fall for the so-called "Pretty Girls" when we are grade 8-10 because when they get tired with that, they realize real relationship material is in the more down-to-earth girls, and when the ... (more »)

LadyTsunade22 replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 5:38 pm :
Thx thts helps me alot because this guy i like he asked if i had a crush on him i said yes i don;t know if i was supposed to ask him out at tht point but he didn't give me the answer i wanted and then he like asking me dirty question and he asked out my firend i just introduced he to and when i asked why he did he said he's testing him i dont get i need help. did i do something wrong becuz a guy has never asked a question like tht and i have a lot of guys friends i need advice 

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 9:22 pm :
Ok well first of all if he's talking dirty idk if u really want to b with him...and if he's already asked someone else out he's s total player. U could go ask him out of ur confident but be aware that the chance he breaks ur heart is huge.

alexandria1124 said...
Teen movies are ruining us.

StarryRoss replied...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:41 pm :
hahaha tru that, i feel like i'm the only one who got that, that's hilarious

Lil Seezy said...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 9:31 am:
Your hair color doesn't decide if your hot or not. I'm a male model and when I work with girls, most of the time they are brunettes.

$inamon said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:37 am:
Theres no need to go into detail. all us guys need is a pretty face and some nice curves to like a girl. if you got that, youll find a guy trust me.

Girly girl 27 said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:33 am:

GUYS ARE CONFUSING CAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT!

Girly Girl 28 replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:36 am :
So True! Guy are so dumb!

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 6:00 pm :
Madam, I take great offense to that statement. I happen to know exactly what I want, and furthermore, she doesn't even remotely fit this stereotype that the author has portrayed. And if you're going to bring up my intelligence, do you know anything about the Banach-Tarski Paradox, or Heim Theory, or Happy Prime numbers? Hm?

sophza replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 10:37 pm :
Witty comeback good sir! Bravo! Encore!

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 3:11 pm :
Thank you (Straightens dress-jacket)

evanescence#1 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm:
er...i have brown hair and dark eyes and i was at the mall and this guy turned to his friend and said shes hot...so this isnt exactly true

StrictlyWorse replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 3:10 am :
You're taking the "blonde hair blue eyes" thing too literally. It's just the standard stereotypical archetype for an attractive female in America. The author is speaking in generalities. Of course some guys are going to be attracted to girls of varying hair and eye color, that's not the point of this article.

dreamer11 replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:29 pm :
I know how the author is just making a generalization, but I'm a blue-eyed blonde and I kind of take offense to that

StrictlyWorse replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:39 am :
Why, it's not meant as a statement of offense or fact. It's easier to place that as the archetype for the "pretty girls" for the sake of the article being more accessable. I'm not saying you have no right to be offended, just that the author obviously means no offense to any person who actually has blonde hair and blue eyes.

GinaGeorge replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:31 am :
I love you

HaveFaith replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:33 am :
I am a blue eyed blonde and I totally love the stereotype. Not saying I'm the most beautiful model in the world or anything, it's just, people generalize us as pretty.

Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm:

This is an awfully broad generalization.  I see some truth in it, but it gives some of us guys a bad name.

And my response is that you almost certainly don't want the guy that goes for the blonde, superficial, holier-than-thou cheerleader.  It's obvious his taste needs some refinement.

DifferentTeen replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm :
haha I loved this statement.