Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

pinkpoint12 said...
Actually right now I like a guy who's girlfriend is blonde and blue eyed... and I'm brunette and green eyed! And she's definitely not good enough for him :( 

VintageLove-YoungArtist said...
Well, guys are just made that way. Why are girls so confused? Why are girls cunfusing? We have to answer these things about ourselves, also. I think that guys want a pretty girl to feel better about themselves and they're just for show. I feel that every girl is going to be attractive to someone else. If the guy doesn't want to be with you because he likes blonde hair and blue eyes, it's probably because that's his preference. It's not that he isn't capable of liking a girl like you, but it's be... (more »)

HannaBanana123 said...
Ha, when I saw the tittle of this artical I just HAD to read it! Boys are very much confusing in that way... haha but this is coming from a blonde hair, blue eyed athlete o_o.... Lol

mrsexiers said...
i agree but as a male i would have to say the same for girls knowing from experience and much psychological researcher's papers girls as well as guys are indescisive.

Destiny2 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:09 am
Pretty good article, many girls that are falling head over heals for a guy could relate. Though, honestly, what your saying isn't completely true. Guys don't only follow the blond girl, like girls, it depends on their type of finding a girl that is "pretty". Though your idea is clear and I believe many can relate! :)

LightningRip said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 12:29 am
Okay, speaking as a natural blonde with blue eyes who hasn't yet broke a hundred pounds... They don't ALWAYS go for the looks, and the ones that do, as was said before, generally aren't worth the time of day. Just being a blonde doesn't mean you're popular, either. ;) But, I tend to agree with the main gist of the article, guys are incredibly confusing. Not all of them are jerks, though, just remember that! :)

FiretipThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sequel: Girls, why are they so confusing? One minute they like you, the next they don't. Jk. ;) this is true though. Guys are weird. Nice work. =)

darlingofdarkness replied...
Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:50 am
good point firetip, zee (darkninja) would most likely agree.

emilyg007 said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:32 am
I love how relatable this piece is. Beautifully written and every girl can relate . Great job!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 28, 2012 at 9:55 am
Well, while I do understand where you are coming from, I have to say that this is not the case everywhere in the world. Each culture has their own idea of pretty and what is beautiful. And guys don't just only go for the blondes. But I do agree that this is a stereotype that should be broken---what should matter more is on the inside.

bennyB said...
I find this comment rather wierd becasue were I go to school I think is the opposite, I find it rather hard to find a girl to like me or that likes me

kk-gothgirl12-kk replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:19 am
i've noticed that if you look hard enough and don't hide (not saying you do) and show your true self, you should be you and get someone like your self. my boyfriend is the same as me....... just be yourslef... he got made fun of 'cuz hes goth, so did i for the same reasons.... him being himself and me being myslef is what got us together........... be yourself and you'll get yours :) trust me....

INHAILED said...
That's a stereotypical, jerk guy. A guy worth your time is nothing like this. If a guy is asking for anything more than a girl with their idea of a beautiful personality, you should stay away from them. A guy who looks for eye candy isn't worth your time. There are really great guys out there you just have to avoid the jerks that have become our stereotype.

kklovemeformekk replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 9:57 am
i notice how guys think girls are a certain way, but i've also noticed girls think the same about guys i posted on my experiences, they have gone to the gorgeuos blonde peppy stupid cheerleaders that turn out to be the real S.L.U.T.S..... not all are but from my experience thats what happens

yuvalkgn said...
True; girls believe we only look at their breats, body, and face. -_-'

yuvalkgn replied...
Correction: Breasts*

kklovemeformekk replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 9:52 am
sometimes it is true, i make guys wscared of me so when i think they are looking, i can get the truth..... most of the time they look at my breasts, not the "oh i was just checking out your shirt design" but your guys so i expect that, it's normal....just look up occasionally...... faces can be as pretty too

kklovemeformekk replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 9:54 am
yes, 21% of guys (i surveyed 100) look at the face of a girl, 79 others look mainly at ur chest........... just saying, girls look at eyes, smile, body, how much your around them.... we don't look at your junk do we??????

INHAILED replied...
It does also depend on the group of guys you survey, or even the area you live in. I think its also safe to assume that there are girls who look at more than just some ones eyes and smile.

kk-gothgirl12-kk replied...
you should read what i posted, i said most girls, but i dot think many girls want to look at your "junk"