Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

FawnTLost said...
I agree with lots of people so far. On an off note all the "popular people" at my school look different. Of course they are some that look alike, but mostly they all have different hair color, different eye color, et cetera. Besides I used to think that the only "good looking" guys in my school were the "popular" ones. Then I met my boyfriend, I'm not popular by the standards set my everyone, but he liked me for being my weird self. Besides lets be honest who ca... (more »)

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I do agree that boys are confusing lol. I just don't understand them sometimes. But, I have blonde hair and blue eyes and I am not chased by many boys lol. I don't know if it's just my odd school or what, but it seems like the brunettes get more attention then the blondes. But as for the cheerleader part and the part about how boys are confusig, I personally 100% agree with it. Still, very nice job and very well written.

Ar96 said...
In the movies, the boy prefer a cool, and interesting girl, just that,not the brunette girl, or blonde girl, and in real life, they will also prefer this, they just need time. 

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
But notice that the nice guys never end up with stuck-up jerks at the end of movies/books, no matter the hair color! It's only the antagonists that end up with jerky girls.

thevoiceoftruth said...
i think shes saying blonde hair and blue eyes, because in most movies the popular girl has those features.

Lisa_Bhadd001 said...
I wonder that

helloworld replied...
that is my exact train of thought. where i go to school, its always the blonde robots who dress alike, listen to the same music, and cheerlead who get the guy. I am a brunette with brown eyes and i get none of the attention. My guy friends say that my eyes are big, beautiful and full of expression, they say im funny or they love hanging out with me, then they are smoochin some skinny mini blondy booby girly girl instead of me. and i attract all the potientail-rapists and wierdos. its like m... (more »)

nileak replied...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:39 am
as an atractive non blonde girl...you are attracting the men who think deeper than "i like blonds because thier popular". if a guy asks you out it is more likely to be because he likes "you" than that he likes your body. because he actually cares how things go between you and doesnt just think of you as a prize, the so called,"wiedo",who is staring you down is trying to see how you react because he needs to be sure you are in to him. this is because he doesnt want t... (more »)

Sabrinaawdi replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 am
I have read some articles written by teens and have thoroughly enjoyed them despite the amount of disclosure attached to it. Thanks for creating a zone for teenagers to unleash their feelings and whatever comes to mind. :)

sabrinaawdi replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:25 am
I agree with you dude. 

jocelynlara1j said...
i believe the article is intresting because it makes us realize how sometimes guys are. that they prefer looks over personality and as a matter many people are superficial.

Bigboy88 said...
I am a Junior in High school. I start runningback on the varsity football team, and date a cheerleader. Sounds pretty stereotypical, right? But this cheerleader has brown hair, green eyes, and is very wholesome. Infact, when i kissed her after a month of dating, she felt things were moving to fast. what im getting at is this. not all cheerleaders are the same. not all Athletes are the same. I feel like this is reverse judging. its doing the same ting you say the cheer girls do, back to them. Why... (more »)

silvafox121 said...
that is a good point. i agree cause i am blonde with blue eyes too, has anyone gone for me? not really

sierrahyatt said...
ahem,i have blonde hair and blue eyes!just because we have those things don't mean the guys go for us,they go for the "pretty" girls,not all blonds are "pretty" to them,like i have alittle pudge,and other blonds have things that guys don't like about them,just like any other girl,that's not all guys,just most of them >XD

bugnikkiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
That is so true I have blond hair and blue eyes and to some people that doesnt mean a thing!!

theatreamant replied...
Yeah same here, natural blue eyes and blonde hair and yet have I ever had a guy? nope.

Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:16 am
I have not had one either!

Escape27 replied...
Same here, I have natural blonde hair and blue eyes but have I heard from any guys yet? Nope.

babygirlxcookie said...
May 29, 2012 at 10:41 am
There is a preference for everyone. Looks aren't everything. Plus I think most guys date the cheerleaders because most of the "preps" aren't all right in the had. They can be very easy, if you know what I mean. Or they could just be very had to get. It goes both ways honestly

Mr.Solo-Dolo said...
I'm a guy, and i just wanted to say: I hate..well hate is a stong word. I dislike most of what we might call "preps" i love the Girl's with brown hair, With Glasses, and who are labled by these preps "Outcast" Also great writing. Loved it