Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

evanescence#1 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm:
er...i have brown hair and dark eyes and i was at the mall and this guy turned to his friend and said shes hot...so this isnt exactly true

StrictlyWorse replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 3:10 am :
You're taking the "blonde hair blue eyes" thing too literally. It's just the standard stereotypical archetype for an attractive female in America. The author is speaking in generalities. Of course some guys are going to be attracted to girls of varying hair and eye color, that's not the point of this article.

dreamer11 replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:29 pm :
I know how the author is just making a generalization, but I'm a blue-eyed blonde and I kind of take offense to that

StrictlyWorse replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:39 am :
Why, it's not meant as a statement of offense or fact. It's easier to place that as the archetype for the "pretty girls" for the sake of the article being more accessable. I'm not saying you have no right to be offended, just that the author obviously means no offense to any person who actually has blonde hair and blue eyes.

GinaGeorge replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:31 am :
I love you

HaveFaith replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:33 am :
I am a blue eyed blonde and I totally love the stereotype. Not saying I'm the most beautiful model in the world or anything, it's just, people generalize us as pretty.

Dr.JonesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm:

This is an awfully broad generalization.  I see some truth in it, but it gives some of us guys a bad name.

And my response is that you almost certainly don't want the guy that goes for the blonde, superficial, holier-than-thou cheerleader.  It's obvious his taste needs some refinement.

DifferentTeen replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm :
haha I loved this statement.

emolover95 replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm :
Dr. Jones, thank you for that. I feel like your really mature. I think that boys, in general, (sorry) date the "cheerleaders" for fun but what they really want for their future is a girl with brains. So this is only temporarily. This is a nice topic.

Dr.JonesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm :

Well thank you for that, but I might disagree.  I think it just depends on the guy.  I know older guys, from college and onward, that only want the two-dimensional type that can't even keep up in conversation.

Basically, superficiality isn't usually a phase.  If a guy is superficial, likely he'll stay that way.

Now the good news is that there are many of us who don't subscribe to that theory.

kksexi12 replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 11:15 am :
 but most guys do, keep that in mind...girls like me feel bad because there really isnt anything bad abt me but I am still alone.

andromeda13 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
i have blonde hair and blue eyes and guys aren't always falling over me??? don't really get that part but good article anyway 

C.N.Red said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:46 pm:
I live in an area with lots of Dutch descendents, and pretty much everyone has blond hair. Boys like me because I'm different and more "exotic" looking, (info from my guy friend,) unlike all these dutch girls.

megsloveslions said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm:
I don't think it has anything to do with the looks because I'm blonde with blue eyes and most guys don't like me, and the one that does is colorblind! lol

C.N.Red replied...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm :
The American standard of beauty is busty, blond, tall, with blue eyes. Hence, Marilyn Monroe. It's just a stereotype though, so don't feel offended.

RandomInspiration replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm :
Lmao the colorblind thing is hilarious!

megsloveslions replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:53 pm :
Haha but true! lol

Tysondramafreak said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:39 pm:
its the exact oppisite at my school...if ur blonde (like me) u dont get the guys. unless ur a stupid cheerleader. then u r hooked for life

With-the-Wolves replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:47 am :
Hey! Have you ever even bothered to get to know a cheerleader. I'm a cheerleader and I have the best grades in my class.  Actually, most everyone on the JH squad is really smart and nice

megsloveslions replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:56 pm :
Yeha I think its more of tht ppl think of cheerleaders as blonde, blue eyed, and sorta bratty or popular or whatever, like in chic flicks and stuff. But I agree with you, my best friend is a cheerleader and she's really nice, but there are some that I no that can be really bratty, so it depends on the person and you shouldn't judge ppl by whether they are a cheerleader or not.

sophza replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 10:44 pm :
Brunettes outnumber blondes on our cheer team, and the majority are super funny and smart. However, the cheer captain has a smile so big that looks like it will BITE YOUR HEAD OFF not even joking. She kinda scares me...