Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm:

This is an awfully broad generalization.  I see some truth in it, but it gives some of us guys a bad name.

And my response is that you almost certainly don't want the guy that goes for the blonde, superficial, holier-than-thou cheerleader.  It's obvious his taste needs some refinement.

emolover95 replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm :
Dr. Jones, thank you for that. I feel like your really mature. I think that boys, in general, (sorry) date the "cheerleaders" for fun but what they really want for their future is a girl with brains. So this is only temporarily. This is a nice topic.

Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm :

Well thank you for that, but I might disagree.  I think it just depends on the guy.  I know older guys, from college and onward, that only want the two-dimensional type that can't even keep up in conversation.

Basically, superficiality isn't usually a phase.  If a guy is superficial, likely he'll stay that way.

Now the good news is that there are many of us who don't subscribe to that theory.

kksexi12 replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 11:15 am :
 but most guys do, keep that in mind...girls like me feel bad because there really isnt anything bad abt me but I am still alone.

andromeda13 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
i have blonde hair and blue eyes and guys aren't always falling over me??? don't really get that part but good article anyway 

C.N.Red said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:46 pm:
I live in an area with lots of Dutch descendents, and pretty much everyone has blond hair. Boys like me because I'm different and more "exotic" looking, (info from my guy friend,) unlike all these dutch girls.

megsloveslions said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm:
I don't think it has anything to do with the looks because I'm blonde with blue eyes and most guys don't like me, and the one that does is colorblind! lol

C.N.Red replied...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm :
The American standard of beauty is busty, blond, tall, with blue eyes. Hence, Marilyn Monroe. It's just a stereotype though, so don't feel offended.

RandomInspiration replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm :
Lmao the colorblind thing is hilarious!

megsloveslions replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:53 pm :
Haha but true! lol

Tysondramafreak said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:39 pm:
its the exact oppisite at my school...if ur blonde (like me) u dont get the guys. unless ur a stupid cheerleader. then u r hooked for life

With-the-Wolves replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:47 am :
Hey! Have you ever even bothered to get to know a cheerleader. I'm a cheerleader and I have the best grades in my class.  Actually, most everyone on the JH squad is really smart and nice

megsloveslions replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:56 pm :
Yeha I think its more of tht ppl think of cheerleaders as blonde, blue eyed, and sorta bratty or popular or whatever, like in chic flicks and stuff. But I agree with you, my best friend is a cheerleader and she's really nice, but there are some that I no that can be really bratty, so it depends on the person and you shouldn't judge ppl by whether they are a cheerleader or not.

sophza replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 10:44 pm :
Brunettes outnumber blondes on our cheer team, and the majority are super funny and smart. However, the cheer captain has a smile so big that looks like it will BITE YOUR HEAD OFF not even joking. She kinda scares me...

UnwantedNinja replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:22 am :
hahahaha Bite ur head !!!! funnii

CarolineF. said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm:

not always true i have blonde hair and blue eyes. I never really dated anyone, the few guys i dated always dated me to get to my friends and they all had brown hair. It sucked being used like that. Im not a cheerlead but i play ball so

russianreader said...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm:
OMG!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS ARTICLE. All of the cute guys are either gay or they are with the 'popular' girls. what about the rest of us? the girls who are smart, but not ready  to put themselves out there like the populars? we deserve cute cool guys too!!!

angelface0:) replied...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:20 am :
It's because we're not whores :) most of us anyway. ;)

lime_is_so_sour! replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm :
that is soooo true if u dnt wear things to expose urself its like u never get any cool guy. But in truth and fact when some of the populars reach in the world its like they never exsisted!! AT ALL and the nerds so to speak are the ones you hear about.

MalloryR.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm:
In my school, the "popular cheerleaders" are a mix of african american, asian, brunette, and blonde. i don't really think it has to do with hair color, its confidence. The "popular" girls are generally a lot more confident, which makes them seem prettier. The "geeky" girls are always hiding, never making an effort to be more confident. in reality, they won't be noticed because they don't try. Also, if you really wanted this article to be taken seriously, watch out for run on sentences and gramme... (more »)

rachelpark said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm:
Boys like what they see, so that's what they go for. They don't have the patience to go beyond a girl's looks to see them as who they really are. That's why they always go for the cheerleader type of girl, because that's what they think is beautiful. They're just too shallow to consider personality.