The Afterlife of Faylene Harps | Teen Ink

The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

By SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

Summary:

Faylene Harps' life is anything but a paradise. Her best, and only friend, Colt Brenner just happens to be in all major school sports, is smart, funny, and the hottest guy in the 11th grade. The only reason people her age talk to her is for her gorgeous looking best friend. Her athletics are amazing but her grades are not, so it could effect her athletic status in the long run. Fay's only family is her mother, whose never home long enough for Fay to even talk to. Lastly on top of all that, Fay constantly hears creepy noises, moans, footsteps, and taps. She never told a soul for fear of being called a freak. It was the type of thing that defined sanity, and insanity.

One day Fay received a note in her locker telling her to meet a group called "The bridges" at Skipton's most Notorious night club, the Afterlife, on Saturday at midnight. Obviously she refuses, thinking it's just another prank. However fate has other plans. . .

Now Fay is stuck in-between two lives. The life she's always known and despised, and the life she's always feared. Faced with a terrifying decision that Fay cannot answer, she risks the lives of everyone she loves. Can she make the choice in time to save the ones she loves most? Or will her indecision being about the downfall of not only her family and friends, but the whole entire organization of the bridges themselves.

Claire G.

The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

love.writing BRONZE, St. Clair Shores, Michigan
I love this story!  One of my favorite pieces on teenink! P.S. I'm very new to this website and I'm wondering how long it takes for work to be published after you submit it.  Thanks. 

MeggieMills SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland

I write...so therefor I am a Writer.

Best story ever!!! Love it! Fay is the best!

on Apr. 13 2012 at 6:58 am

~Anonymous

Hey, the first five chapters to the sequel of this book are up. Here's the link. I think I'm going to leave it up for a week or two then add more chapters to it. I really hope you like it! 

on Apr. 13 2012 at 6:56 am

~Anonymous

Hi everyone! Just want to let you know that the first five chapters of the sequel to this book is up on teenink. If you like this book then you'll definitely love the second!! :D here's the link . . .

TeenInk.com/novels/sci_fi_fantasy/book/93976/The-Afterlife-of-Beck-Lovett/

~Anonymous

Okay, will do :) ps. The sequel will be up VERY soon. There are lots of surprises in it that you may or may not like . . . Keep your eyes peeled :D 

ZombieViking SILVER, Streamwood, Illinois

Beware; For I am fearless, and therefore powerful.

yes please!! :DDD

~Anonymous

Thanks so much! The second book is actually still a work in progress. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to write and keep up with other things also. However as soon as I am at least halfway through the second book I will definitely post it :) Do want me to post the link here once its up? 

I love this book!! Have you started writing the second? If you haven't: START NOW!! If you have, can you post a link so i can find it? Pretty please? :P

~Anonymous

That's what I was going for in fay! :) and thanks so much! A friend of mine actually named Colt. I asked her for a good boy name, and she said Colt so I used it. :)

on Dec. 29 2011 at 5:34 am
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

I got up to chapter eleven, and will read the rest later. I liked your writing style and the plot so far. Most of all though I liked Fay, I sort of wanted to give her a hug all the way though, because she just taks on these problems without meaning to. I love how she just struggles on, uncomplaining and a little comfused. I also thought you named your characters really well, I thought espitally 'colt' was an original name, and perfect for his character! I can't wait to keep reading (although I can't at the moment as i too have homework up to my eyeballs)

~Anonymous

Ikr! So annoying! and thanks! me 2 :)

Moonlitnight said...
Cool! Ok, why wont TI let me post just that?! Why should a comment be at least 10 characters in length?? sorry. anyway, I really love this story and hope i can finish it soon :))

~Anonymous

Thanks so much!

~Anonymous

Hey! Thanks for commenting! On teenink it's about 20 chapters, and on word it's about 60 pages, so it's pretty long. so take your time with it. You don't have to read it right away.

Moonlitnight said...
on Dec. 27 2011 at 10:12 am
i havent finished it yet, but i was wondering, how long is it?

Moonlitnight said...
on Dec. 27 2011 at 10:11 am
awesome plot and the i love the way you work the two different realities together! Great job! :)

on Dec. 27 2011 at 8:42 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

I'm not yet finished with this, because it's quite long, but I did want to say that the plot for this is amazing. I'm excited to keep reading. Some of your writing could be fixed up. It's all small things, like keeping in past tense, because you did change to present tense at a few parts. Also, the story goes really fast, especially in the beginning. I'd like to get to know the characters a bit more. Maybe that's just me. But remember to show it, don't tell the reader what the character is like. Show it through actions or dialogue. Other than those things, I think you could really turn this into a great story :)

on Nov. 8 2011 at 8:21 am
NiklausMikaelson1864 SILVER, Southwest Harbor, Maine

"Please note that I am saying this as I twirl my metaphorical mustache." ~Talon McCallister

I love the Mortal Instruments! I can see why you'd think this is like those books. It reminds me more of Clockwork Angel, though where there is the Pandamonium Club...

~Anonymous

Thanks! again, you'll just have to wait to find out :)

This seems to have a really great plot, and I'm excited to see where you go...