Matchmaker's Mansion

By Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire
Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Summary:

When Asha takes her first step inside the Matchmaker’s Mansion she had intended to find someone to take the place of her ex-boyfriend that had broken her heart…
But instead she was thrown into the arms of the mysterious Shay who makes her promise never to love him.
It all started with the first question of the Matchmaker’s Quiz: “Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?”
What will her answer be?

Hope_Princess

Matchmaker's Mansion

on Aug. 27 2015 at 8:55 pm

I have to say...your comment inspired me so much! I haven't written since I ended this book. I really appreciate your "justification" of my book; it means someone actually saw what I saw. ^_^ I left it open like that, juuuuuuust in case I wanted to write a sequel. ;-) Keep writing, and reading, and being you!

on Aug. 21 2015 at 6:49 pm
BlackRedwood GOLD, Helena, Montana

I hate when people say "Don't worry, there's 6 billion people in the world. One of them is just for you!" Honey, do I look like I'm gonna travel around the world and meet all the 6 billion people?

So beautiful, I love how the author revealed who had kissed her in that special way. With fingers under her chin, so perfect!!!!! :)

on Aug. 15 2015 at 3:26 am
readingislife BRONZE, Cordova, Tennessee
gaah, where do i even begin, i freaking love this book!!! its so amazing, a sinister twist on a fairytale is such a great idea! i absolutely love every bit of it except the ending killed me, like it should have been shay T_T. u woudnt be considering an alternate ending for team shay would you? just kidding, just kidding, i guess i've accepted the ending by now (i finished reading it a while back). honestly if anyone were to continue fighting against shane, shay is just the logical choice, a dark heroic figure of self sacrifice (as much as it sucks cuz his whole life was bad but in his case its something he long got used to while chase would probably have been much more devastated). ok im done justifying the ending, this book is perfect! and ive read your other work; your short stories are amazing as well!! its really possible for someone to have this much talent! haha keep it up and i hope you get the recognition you deserve and inspire many others!

kvtmarie said...
on Apr. 9 2015 at 6:03 pm
kvtmarie, Belle River, Other

"If I could write this sh*t in fire, I would write this sh*t in fire"

DUDE I STARTED READING THIS 2 YEARS AGO AND NEVER FOUND IT AGAIN AFTER OIKE 15 CHAPTERS AND NOW I FOUND IT OMF YAY

on Apr. 6 2015 at 2:33 pm
BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California

Be Yourself, Be Unique, Be Me. :) - By BeautyWhispers

Very good! Keep it up.

on Jan. 26 2015 at 7:12 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I absolutely, forgot that you had commented. I'm sorry. :( And of course, I would. :) Your book is amazing and like @Minion said, I enjoyed every minute of this book. @Hope_Princess

Minion SILVER said...
on Jan. 26 2015 at 6:31 pm
Minion SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Always follow your heart, even if it's sometimes wrong.

I would so read a continuation of this! I loved every minute of this book and I'm sure I would love another one. Great work, publish this please...

caskettluvr said...
on Jan. 22 2015 at 9:15 pm
caskettluvr, Yuma, Arizona
Omg!!!!!!!! A-freakin-mazing!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!

on Nov. 19 2014 at 8:17 pm
This is a very good book that i think evryone should read!

on Nov. 2 2014 at 1:07 am
totalbooknerd11 BRONZE, San Jose, California

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."
-Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn

This is really cool!  The idea of demons is pretty fascinating.  I also like how vague the ending is... more room for interpretation.

on Oct. 28 2014 at 9:13 pm

I-I am flattered! That really is my only goal with writing...to inspire and encourage others. :-)

on Oct. 23 2014 at 6:35 pm
Silence_of_the_me BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia

i cant drown my demons they know how to swim or i need you like a boy needs his mommas side.... this is not what it is only baby scars

This book is amazing. i really dont give out compliments very much but i felt that i needed to say that this is amazing. Okei byyyeee

on Oct. 20 2014 at 2:27 pm
JoyousCelly BRONZE, Amritsar, Other

Happiness was but just a brief episode in the general drama of pain (life)

You have become my inspiration ........... this took me to a different world,you have a really bright future;BEST OF LUCK;>

on Oct. 19 2014 at 11:58 am
carissathestoryteller GOLD, Bremen, Georgia

Remember... that each child is a separate person. Yours forever, but never fully yours. She can never be all you wished or wanted or all you know she could be. But she will be a better human being if you can let her be herself. ~Stella Chess

This is my favorite book on TeenInk. I could read it over and over! I'm glad she ended up with Chase, though Ever's end made me horribly sad and I loved Shay immensely. If you ever get this published, I'll be the first to buy it!!! Great storyline, amazing characters, and the mystery of the Deum was awesome. Thank you for such a fantastic story!!!

on Oct. 11 2014 at 3:53 am
theporcelaingirl BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"Don't point the blame when you can't find nothing, look to yourself and you might find something..." Sleeping With Sirens

This book was amazing!!! So good that I stayed up until 3 am reading it!!! I mean, I previously started reading it but that was when you were still working on it. I agree with a few of the other people who read this book; I think it should've been Shay, but she still got her happy ending. And you are the author after all so all that matters is you got yours. And even though I didn't get my exact happy ending (which would've been something involving Shay and Asha) the book was still so amazing and just pure awesomeness. No kidding, this book should be in stores. I couldn't stop reading it!!!!!! I've been writing a lot more now than I used to and I wish I could finish a book haha I'm already writing two XD Well, thanks for writing this amazing work of art!!!!! P.S. I love Shay so much like omg I'm totally fangirling right now :P

luv2read said...
on Sep. 26 2014 at 7:14 pm
I agree it totally should have been shay the whole story was really aswesome and i really loved it but the ending.... i really wish it was shay 

on Sep. 16 2014 at 4:32 pm

I did kind of allude to another book, didn't I. ;-) I wish I could say it's coming soon. I had several ideas, which is why I left it open for the prospect of continuing. But honestly, nothing is concrete as of this moment. Would you like to read another continuation if I did, even if it was an entirely different kind of book?

on Sep. 8 2014 at 12:44 pm

Is there more coming? If that's alright to ask? I'm now curious what Shay is doing now or going to do, haha. i love this book. Thank you for sharing this!

on Sep. 2 2014 at 2:12 am
TheNerdGirl PLATINUM, Glen Ellyn, Illinois

Shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll still end up among the star's

that was absolutely beautiful but i still think it should've been shay. the entire story it sounds like thats the way its going then just boom she loves chase more.

on Aug. 3 2014 at 9:58 am

Haha, I promise I'll stick around ; ) You're a really wonderful writer!

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!