The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

Liar?

My head was throbbing and all I could see was black. All I remembered as crying and repeating the word “no” over and over again, just hoping and wishing that he would’ve left me alone. I saw spots and then I started to come-to, I must’ve blacked out when he slammed my head against the wall. Looking down, I noticed that I was naked from the waist down. Cuts and blood covered my legs along with other fluids that I didn’t want to know the origins of.

Slowly I touched the side
Misti's POV
of my head that my father had so nicely pounded into the wall. As I expected, my hand came away with blood. I didn’t understand. What kind of a sick person would get turned on by injuring someone in such a horrid way? A groan escaped my lips as I tried to move. Everything was so painful, and it didn’t help that I was slouched in an awkward position on the stairs. I didn’t even have any energy to cry, but I had to do something before he came back.

My body was just radiating pain as I grabbed onto the railing and slowly brought myself to my feet, my face contorted in agonizing pain as I tried to wait for my dizziness to go away. My head felt like it had exploded and my legs were as useful as a pair of noodles, but somehow I managed to stumble into my room. Safe at last.

Then I just layed there on my floor, debating verbally with myself whether or not I should still go to school. On one hand, I could use 8 hours away from my father. And on the other, with all of my injuries, my friends might notice and I didn’t have any excuse. I was afraid the truth might come out and I’d be sent into foster care.

In the end, I decided that I had to go to school and get out of the house. So I crawled over to my school bag and popped some pills to numb the pain before going to take a shower and get dressed. One of the cuts on my leg were stitch worthy, so I cleaned it out and sewed it up myself, hoping that I wouldn’t get an infection. Moving sluggishly, I got dressed and brushed my hair in a way so that it would hide the long cut that was on the right side of my forehead.

Some how, I managed to catch the bus in time and sat in my regular front seat, soon to be joined by Chester. Smirking, I distracted myself from my pain by remembering how I met him last year.

I was sitting alone in my bus seat and this asshole comes up to my seat. “Can I sit here?” Giving him a blank stare, I just replied “Sure” in a monotonous voice. And some how we became friends.

“Are you okay? you didn’t respond to the story I was telling you, and you look sick.” Chester had a look of genuine concern. His voice snapped me out of my memory.

“Yeah I’m fine, I twisted my ankle this morning and...uh… was just wondering how I twisted it… What were you saying?” yes! I just easily lied through my teeth, school was going to go by just fine.

“I was saying that I found your white cat ear hat at my house the other day. Remember that time you Ashanti and I went to the fair and you bought that hat because it “represented your spirit animal”?” He shifted and pulled my hat out of his pocket. I could feel my face light up.

“Ohmigod!!!! Chester I’ve been missing that thing like crazy!!!” I smiled and took the hat from him, putting it on my head to help hold my hair in place. He chuckled and shook his head.

“You’re weird”

“Says the music prodigy.” I rolled my eyes and nodded towards the door of the bus. “We’re at school now dork, lets go.” Chester rushed off the bus and I slowly limped after him. Sure tears were forming in my eyes, but I didn’t care, I had my favorite hat back.

Like usual, I hung out with my friends by the orchestra room until the bell rang. Ashanti was a bit annoyed that I couldn’t push people out of the way due to my limp, but she helped me hobble in the hallway. In the end, we both made it to our classes late.
“Sorry I’m late, I tripped in the hall and twisted my ankle.” I apologized to the teacher as I took my seat next to KC and another new guy. I didn’t really get a good look at him, more focused on my class work than another guy I had the potential of fighting with.

This book has 272 comments. Post your own now!

AnyaLafayaa said...
I do not want to tell you how to write your story, because it is yours. No matter what I say, you need to do what you feel is right for the novel. But, if you so insist, my opinion is that you should not switch to KC's point of view. I think it is difficult to write in a guy's point of view, and although I do an alright job at it, it does not truly portray what a real guy thinks. Besides, Misti is interesting enough that just because you keep with her perspective, it won't make you lose any fans... (more »)

AnyaLafayaa replied...
Okay, good idea. Thanks for listening!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
No problem, thanks for commenting!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 10:51 am
Please check out my other book its called  Behind The Scars. Both my friend and I wrote it and would like any critisizim.... Don't worry, I am still focusing on this story as well. :D please check it out Fiction-novels-most resent

PrincessSparkleStar said...

Wow! This is AMAZING!

When do you think you will upload more? I really can't wait to read it!

One suggestion is to develop the characters more. Have more details as to why Misti is angered when she gets partnered up with KC, so before that you can show more ways KC is rude. It almost seems like they could be friends, then suddenly both of them are mad that they are partners.

I also think the ending is great! You should DEFINETELY keep it. You will be able to work the plot... (more »)

PrincessSparkleStar replied...
oops i typed it twice...

Thankyou!!!!  I understand what you mean about why they are angry to be partnered with eachother. Please understand that this is a rough draft. Thank you for pointing out  how I should make KC seem even more rude before the get partnered. hat took me out of my writer's block. ^-^ thank you!!!!!

I hope to post more chapters by the weekend

PrincessSparkleStar replied...

Great! I'm glad I was able to help!

Yes! I can't WAIT for this weekend;)

but in the mean time you could check out my new book as you wait. my friend and i wrote it together.... Its called Behind The Scars   please read and comment Fiction--novels--most resent--page one or two... Thank you!!!

Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:26 am
thanks for pointing out what I can improve ^-^ I'm glad you like my plot so far :)

Anastasia K. said...
Your writing, I think, is amazing. It sounds like you have an excellent idea of where you would like to go with this story and that is great. I have a question though, that I hope you answer. Did you create the poems? If so. wow! Keep writing, even though you would have kept writing even if I didn't comment. If I were you, I would look for an agent......

Thanks for commenting! Yes I did create the poems :D I'm glad you liked them.... I have a few questions for you, Should I switch to KC's POV? And, what do you think I can improve on?

Ebonykitty said...

This is great, I love it! There will be more, right?

~Ebony~

Feb. 28, 2011 at 8:41 am

thanks ^-^ and yes there will be more :D

*~*~ Vanendra

CrazyWriter said...

I think you have a book that could be published here..... I would like  you to post more quickly but take your time at the same time. This is great it has a goood plot sso far and the characters seem to be forming greatly. you have a surprise in everychapter which keeps everyone hookeed keep it up but dont hurry yourself too far. oh and chaptter nine is just alittle  off in flowingness but otherwise i have no compliants.

~CrAzYWrITeR~

Thankyou...I didn't think capter nine went with the story either, any suggestions on how I  could fix it?

CrazyWriter replied...

I know that they have this dream-together thing going on but the chapter just seems a little random or to early. Maybe it belongs somewhere eles and KC's character is good and bad in the chapter because :

good -- He totally revels a different side of him

bad-- he totally revels a different side of him

Its confusing but you could use it as a foreshadowing of something...

just some of my thoughts on theat chapter

~CrAZyWrItEr~

Thanks for saying that, I think I know where I can go with this story now ^-^ thank you for your comment!!!! :D

drmstarlet21 said...
This is great! I love it. My school's all-school musical this year is Beauty and the Beast, and I am in the chorus, so it really connected with me. I can't wait to see where you go with it!

thankyou I'm glad you can connect to it some way ^-^