The Honorable

Nic R.
The Honorable
Summary: This is a story following a few months in the life of a 10 year old boy who lives in the Carolina mountains. Everything in his life changes when two hippies settle down causing uproar in the rural community.

This book has 11 comments. Post your own now!

None0 said...
The writing on this piece is very nice. Good insight as to what the little boy is thinking, but most of it seems like just descriptions from what is happening from his point of view. There isn't really much from his opinion on what happened, except for maybe a few parts and implications.   It may just be me, but I found the plot not very too intriguing. But then again, I read/write action-centered novels, so that again may just be me.   I don't think I'm qualif... (more »)

IndigoAtHeart said...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:26 am
Great job! It really flows and keeps the reader's interest. This is really good.

Zaylie-Loves-Kyle said...
I like it. It's well written and flows wonderfully. Keep writing.

dragonsandthree said...
This was really good! I think that it would be pretty interesting to see a river get set on fire like that. Since this is a true story, do you know where it took place?

Atl.Braves03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
It was in the mountains of North Carolina. I worked at a camp over the summer just a few miles from where it happened

dragonsandthree replied...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:11 am
Oh, okay. I live in South Carolina and my grandparents live in North, so we go there fairly often and I think that it would be neat to go there! 

theloverofbooks said...
This is great! I love the writing style, and the narrator's voice really shines through with the southern way of speaking. Your story was interesting, and it really drew me in! So well-written.

holly1999 said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:55 am
I really like this. I was hoping it would be longer it was that good, the language was brilliant too. Very well written.

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is wonderful. I found myself hoping it would be longer, because I was hooked when I started reading. I love the purposeful grammatical errors, because it gives a very worn, old, rural feel to the story like a rusty picket fence or something. It's a great story!

kbatra replied...
Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:18 am
really like it... Keep up the good work!

ClaireBearB replied...
Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:28 am
Great story! I loved the way it was written, you did a great job making it sound like a real mountain story with the way the narrator spoke. I like how you based it on a true story too!