Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Defeating The Giant

Defeating The Giant

Wendy R.
Defeating The Giant

The moon rises as the sun goes down. Darkness and silence fill the environment as the lights in the houses and the people living in them start shutting down; leaving me alone. I’m not bothered by it; not at all. I’m actually glad to encounter isolation once again. Seclusion has been my only companion since the whole ‘adventure’ thing first started. I don’t regret doing it; not at all. I’m glad I had the chance to run off and end up here, walking on this railroad in the middle of nowhere. I’m glad I gave up everything I had, wanted, needed and loved only because of a book and a dream. I have no idea what day it is, the month or time; and I really don’t care. I’m broke, dirty, hungry and tired. Again, I really don’t care. I’m glad all of this is going on in my life. Yes, I know this is the most insane and bizarre thing anyone can think, say and feel about a situation like this one. But that’s just who I am, insane and bizarre. Take my word, after all of this you will understand; understand why I say all of this and why I am walking in the dark on a rusty railroad. But just to give you a hint on whom I really am and what I think about everyone and their way of thinking, talking and doing, I would like to let you know that I truly hate all of you.