Home > Novel (Fiction) > Fan Fiction > The Second Quarter Quell: Haymitch Abernathy

The Second Quarter Quell: Haymitch Abernathy

GwendolynHarisson
Summary: If you have read the Hunger Games Trilogy, you know a little bit about Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark's Mentor, Haymitch Abernathy. Hear the story behind the man who helped bring Panem to its knees.

Haymitch Abernathy lives in District 12 with his mother and younger brother. After he is tricked into entering his name into the Reaping, he is selected to go to the Arena with Lifelong companion Maysilee Donner, and a brother sister duo.
Haymitch undergoes both physical and emotional turmoil and must determine what he is fighting for before he ever sets foot in the Arena.

He knows that either choice will leave him a broken man or a dead one.

This book has 19 comments. Post your own now!

MortalDreamer5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 9 at 7:00 pm
Amazing! I loved the Hunger Games, and this prequel was mind-blowing!

Girlonfire12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the hunger games so much u did an awesome job. hope u get to read mine How i survived the hunger games

Willflower.-.-. said...
YOU MADE ME CRY AGAIN! AHHHH! YOU'RE SO FINNICKING GOOD OF AN AUTHOR!!!!!!!!

GwendolynHarisson replied...
What part this time? ;)

Willflower.-.-. replied...
Three times: When Annalise and Jack die and the part when Maysilee dies, and the ending. I would love to see some original work!

GwendolynHarisson replied...
I'm working on a piece now and I have major writers block so it might be a while before it posted

Willflower.-.-. replied...
May 13, 2013 at 11:47 am
Hate that! >.<

GwendolynHarisson replied...
I know right?

Willflower.-.-. replied...
Here's an idea! Do a 75th Games! You've done 25 and 50!!!!

GwendolynHarisson replied...
We know what goes on in the 75 cuz that's what the book "Catching Fore" talks about lol

GwendolynHarisson replied...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:17 am
*Fire lol my phone is out to get me

GwendolynHarisson replied...
Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:51 am
My new story is up :) feel free to check it out!

jasmineweasley said...
I also saw that video that you put in your authors note a while back, and then I read this, and I am like "BRILLIANT!"  Good job! *thumbs-up*

jasmineweasley said...
OMG!  I loved this!  It was so suspenseful!  I didn't know that Seneca was Haymitch's half-brother... Or did you make that up?  Either way, I love it!  :)  Good job!   Can I print this off and keep it as a paper copy?

GwendolynHarisson replied...
May 5, 2013 at 9:46 am
I made that part up lol. And sure! You can print it off :)

jasmineweasley replied...
Ahh, well, it was brilliant!  :)  And thanks!  This is honeslty the best fanfiction i have ever read! 

GwendolynHarisson replied...
Wow thanks! That really means a lot to me :)

jasmineweasley replied...
*salutes* No Problem!  I'm trying to show this to some of my friends, some of which are complete Hunger Games nuts!  XD

GwendolynHarisson replied...
OH MY GOSH! Panemics all the way baby!!! :D And you should totally have them read it I also have another one that I co-wrote with a friend of mine :)