SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

I have completed what is tentatively my final draft of Chapter One (oxymoronic, I know) and it is nearly eight times as long as the original! I know you guys will love it, and I can't wait to release it!

I started the initial story as simply a writing exericse that I let evolve into a full story. As far as my writing influences I draw a lot from conspiracy dramas like Prison Break and 24 but the theatrical narrative aspects and the like are drawn from Christopher Nolan films.

Hopefully it will be published soon! I'm working on a final draft that is pretty different (meaning better!) than the one on TeenInk right now.

SOLONG said...
SOLONG, Mitchell, South Dakota

wow! I feel like i'm reading a really book...one that is published, and is selling in stores! I didn't notice anything wrong yet...i think I might continue on reading! I've enjoyed it so far!! but just a question....where did u get the idea for this story!?!?

~Emmaline~

Thank you for pointing those out. Luckily, the current version of SuperNOVA hosted on TeenInk is a couple years out of date, the majority of the errors have been spotted and corrected a long time ago. TeenInk's editing system is flawed to the point where adding a single word would take the entire novel offline indefinitely though.

PerfectMGymnast DIAMOND, Parker, Colorado

"If you don't leap you'lll never know what it's like to fly"

i found two mistakes in the fisrt chapter... "I closed my, preparing for the inevitable." I think you forgot to put eyes AND  "It's a curious thing, to your reflection in the mirror" I think you forgot the word see. 

I'll check out your short story right now, thank you for the comment :)

Believe me, I will! More SuperNOVA is coming soon, but honestly it's looking more and more likely that it will be a full retail release!

KitKat99 said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 10:59 am
Dude this is so exciting plz post more soon :))

on Mar. 22 2011 at 1:55 am

And i looked for your page on facebook, but i couldn't find it....

on Mar. 22 2011 at 1:51 am

I love this book!!! it is really good and i have really gotten in to reading it!! :) You've done an amazing job!! You are such an amazing writer!!

Also could you look at my short story: College Girl and tell me what you think?? I'd love to get feedback from you!

on Mar. 21 2011 at 10:55 am

Please remember to read, rate, and comment on SuperNOVA every day! Thank you to all of our fans!

I'm also considering running a contest based on registered commenters on the TeenInk page for SuperNOVA. Would anyone be interested in this?

Charlie if you read this PLEASE reply, I want to know what your TI account name is already!

There is currently a SuperNOVA contest running on our Facebook page -- please check it out and enter (for free) for your chance to win something awesome!

I know a lot of you have found the novel simply because it is on the front page (#1 highest rated and most discussed of all time!) but you may not know I constantly have threads running in the forums offering feedback swaps.

If you read SuperNOVA and leave a comment, I am more than willing to check out any number of your pieces! Just let me know!

Thanks, I think it will overall be a lot less confusing in the final manuscript where everything is kind of laid out. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

yo123 said...
on Mar. 15 2011 at 9:31 am
really good story line but kind of confusing how your mind hides secrets of you but seems really good

on Mar. 14 2011 at 10:17 am

I will check them out as soon as I can, thanks again for your comments :D

on Mar. 14 2011 at 10:17 am

Mac you are such a dork. What's Charlie's account name?

on Mar. 14 2011 at 10:16 am

I won't, believe me! I'm looking at a $9.99 paperback and $14.99 hardback price points. Which would you guys prefer?