Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

Danday123 said...
Oh my gosh, this was so sweet, I love this article :) <3

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 12:10 am :
thanks! :)

White_Shadow replied...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:20 am :
Breakup Advice (the Second) is posted! check it out if you want to hear my opinions of a few more different relationship worries.

StinelliT said...
I thought this was a very discriptive advice and very useful by the way. I like when you used a personal experience stating that "she is so beautiful and I can't stop thinking about her," it showed that you had some personal experience about the topic. I loved how you never directly referd to the reader that it is specifically to a girl, you always said " boyfriend/girlfriend" or "other." I loved this piece and will definatly use the advice. Thanks

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 12:10 am :
thanks. I appreciate the feedback. one can never know what another thinks haha

A_writers_Beauty said...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 11:22 am:
I loved this alot. It's amazing advice and i know that if i go through one of those rough times, i'll come back to this a read it over. It will probably get me through that rough time. Again, this is completely amazing!

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 1:52 pm :
Thanks! Care to tell your story? i won't mind if you don't want to. That's something personal. It's just interesting to hear how many people we can all relate to.

A_writers_Beauty replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 1:42 pm :
No i don't mind. =)
I actually broke up with my boyfriend several... it was either several weeks ago, or a few months ago. Now we were like best friends before, and we still are. I try to stay friends with him. and it's been working out so far!

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 5:26 pm :
its good to know that you can keep being friends with someone after your relationship's gone sour. I always try to end on good terms.

A_writers_Beauty replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:07 pm :
I agree. I don't think that someone should hate the person they break up with. I think it's just rude. so what if the relationship didn't work out right. u can still be friends =)

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:21 pm :
most definitely :)

sunshineBabii This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
okay. so this is totally amazing advice. it is so very true. but like you said, it is easier said than being done. even if the guy or yourself is a complete jerk, well... either way if the word love is involved it just makes it all the more harder whether it was a lie or straight up. maybe some advice on that???

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 2:18 pm :
oh man. where do i begin on the word "love"? haha. At the moment i'm pending a response from the editors on an article i just recently wrote called "Pardon?". It envolves the same discussion and when it is done being edited, i'd check it out and write your opinions back to me. Personally, the strength of love only depends on the circumstances upon which it was obtained. What i mean by that is, if like, you've been dating for a week and the guy tells you he lov... (more »)

KiraKira replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 5:42 pm :
What you might also want to consider if you or your friends actually want to be around the guy. Also, words are meaningless if it doesn't come from the heart. Trust me, I know what it's like to say something and not entirely mean it at all.

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 7:39 pm :
well, to answer both of you, he didnt say i love you until about 3 months after we started going out. my friends loved him, and he bought us things like chips when we were out (including my friends) but in the end it turned out to be lies. you would have to know all the gory details to really understand, but that is basically the point. i trusted him. i loved him back. but the original and all the other i love you's and words he told me were lies. i meant my words because of what i felt, no... (more »)

KiraKira replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 8:20 pm :
Lying does hit you hard. Silence, however, is worse because you never get what really happened.

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm :
Yea, Kira, i've had the whole silence thing happen to me. The "love" of my early life broke up with me after almost a year and she never gave me a reason why until like, 3 or so months later. Those 3 months were very, very hard.

Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:52 am :
i told him everything. his reason for us breaking up this time was that i was phony. the only reason i seemed that way was because my friend was right there wen he was yelling at me once and i stood up to him. then he broke up with me. i never stand up to him. that is why i seemed phony. but at the same time when i later explained that to him, he still didnt cut me abreak. so,, here i am still loving him, and him still hating me...

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 7, 2009 at 1:52 pm :
Well, idc who you are, you have to stand up for yourself. If he just pushed you around, i wouldn't think that that would be a worthy relationship. you may like that, but if i was you, i'd want my opinions to be heard and care about the others opinion. and i wouldn't want anybody YELLING at me either...

Oct. 7, 2009 at 4:19 pm :
yeah. i know. and i do voice my opinions. now anyway. and i hated him yelling at me, and i told him that too but some guys are just unstoppable. so i am rapidly tryin to get over it and move on as fast as i can.

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:29 pm :
hmm now with that, like i've said, you've got to find someone better to override those old memories. In our lovely social society as it is today, people don't like it when others "rebound". But most people are oblivious to it being a rebound if you have the confindence and tell them even if it is or is not true, that you have gotten over them and are moving on to greener pastures