Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

angelhugz247 said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:52 pm:
I am so sorry to hear that. I know what that feels like becaue i have been thru a similar situation. ur friend doesnt sound like she is really ur friend. But who knows?? Maybe she thought he liked u and she secretly liked him.

angelhugz247 replied...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:54 pm :
My bad. I meant to reply to a comment below.

Jamie W. said...
May 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm:
I loved it i just recently broke up with my boy friend cause he was always forecing me to do stuff like kiss him or let him touch me every where and i understood ur writing. it was great don't stop writing this type of writing

BOO'BOO(: replied...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:38 am :
HAAA II KNOWW WHATT YUHH MEANN,

Snookums said...
May 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm:
this was good, and i dont say that often.

CindyMarieee said...
May 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm:
when it comes to break ups, i think tht a lot of ppl only see it as a 1 way thing. they dnt really sit back n' think bout wat tha other person is goin through. really good work (;

White_Shadow replied...
May 19, 2010 at 9:01 pm :
Thank you :)

Mspi18 said...
May 4, 2010 at 10:35 am:
this is a beautiful piece

Blooper195 said...

My best friend is dating a girl who has two-timed him..once he figured that out, he forgave her. does anyone else think this is strange? ive been waiting for him to see that i like him for a while now, but if he never wants to break up with anyone, how is he supposed to see?

treegirl93 replied...
May 16, 2010 at 11:45 am :
This happens all the time. I'm not sure why. Some people refuse to break up with the one they 'love' although they've cheated maybe even multiple times. I think it's a mixture of denial and desperation and also the need to not feel alone. If I were you I would confront him and tell him your true feelings and add "I would never cheat on you like she did." It's worth a try. I've written a story similar to this situation if you'd like to read it and comment after.

Aelita replied...
May 20, 2010 at 10:47 pm :
Sounds like he has low self-worth.  He may not think he is good enough for a girl who treats him right- you've just got to be patient- and then show him that he's wrong!  Good luck! :)

Ashton replied...
May 21, 2010 at 8:59 am :
You just need to have faith in him. You need to show him that you're more trustworthy and he probably already knows that.  He might just not want to make your friendship awkward.  Maybe if you sit down and talk to him alone he'll understand where you're coming from.  He might just be scared. Just show him how much you care about him and how you hate to see him get hurt and that you'd never hurt him on purpose.  I know you can do it.=]

. replied...
May 23, 2010 at 12:21 am :
he knows i like him now, but he says he loves her more. (sigh) hate love

Ashton replied...
May 23, 2010 at 9:48 am :
I'm not saying you should give up on him....but maybe you should just give it time...he'll figure out later on in his life that he's making a huge mistake because you sound really sweet.  You should try looking for someone more like you. He's probably just been brainwashed.

. replied...
May 23, 2010 at 8:07 pm :
thank you guys for the awesome advice!! i'll keep trying!

Blooper195 replied...
Sept. 19, 2010 at 7:39 pm :
ive given him a year now. he told me a few weeks ago that he considers me his best friend now. i really dont wanna ruin that, so i guess ill just have to wait for the heart ache to wash itself away. thanks for the advice, but it didnt and hasnt worked. he's even told me he doesnt like his girlfriend very much anymore! why doesnt he see?

bellasbyline This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've never had a boyfriend before, and I know it's because I find it hard talking to people. The one person I actually do like is ignoring me right now. He has been for three weeks, and even though I used to see him as just a friend, I think I always knew that I would one day like him. I hate it...I'm trying to forget. I agree with you Anon, making the best of your moments with someone is what you have to do. It might be too late for me, but I hope I can learn. Thanks.

treegirl93 replied...
May 16, 2010 at 11:51 am :
It is hard to forget. Trying to forget actually makes it impossible to forget. I have been obsessing over the same person for 2 years now and I know i don't have a chance ( he has a girlfriend and is 5 years older than me). I decided to forget which only made the pain worse. I shifted my attention to other hobbies such as reading and watching old movies. Before i knew it- I could face him without my heart hurting or my breath catching. I still like him but I can now move on with my life. I

shadowgirl19 replied...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:24 am :
i went through the same thing. Its been four years now. I dont hurt as much but I'm still not completely over it. Love sucks!!

Lisaa said...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 11:34 am:
Yeah my best friend is going out with someone who i have liked for ages. He regected me but only cause he said he liked her and she was like telling me to ask him out but when he said no she was all like i like him now ...

Michelle.B replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 5:14 pm :

ooo god I am sorry for you! 

that was cruel of her to do that