Intensity

The tears poured off her eyelids; slid down her cheeks; fell to the floor. Slowly she sank to the ground, trembling slightly. Her breath came in deep sobs, wracking her chest. She barely had enough air. She did not hear the soft footfalls coming ever closer. She did not see him as he sat down next to her. She did, however, feel as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Turning slightly, the girl buried her face in his shoulder. Her friend held her tighter, resting his head in her soft chestnut curls.

The two of them sat that way for what felt like hours; the girl sobbing loudly on the boy’s shoulder, the boy holding her quietly, steadfastly. Finally, the girl released her last tear. She looked up at the boy, eyes red from crying, cheeks flushed. He turned to her, a small crooked smile on his lips. To the girl’s surprise, tears were slipping down his face as well. “Why are you crying?” she asked softly, voice cracking. The boy considered the question for a second.

“I am crying because you are crying,” he replied truthfully as yet another tear trickled down his handsome face. His smile was still there, unwavering.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at her. A chill like an electric current flowed through both of them. The air around them tingled with static. Slowly, as if pulled by some invisible force, the two teenagers moved closer. Their faces were within a hair’s breath of each other’s. “Why me?” she whispered. “Why did you choose me?” Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for an answer written on his face. “You are the only one who’s real. The only one out of all those girls who knows what it means to truly love someone. Even though he broke your heart, you just keep going. I like that. I think… I think I may even love that.”

His eyes gleamed with a passion long suppressed. “I think I may love you.” His sweet breath lingered on her lips. The girl’s heart began to beat frantically, as if trying to keep up with her rapidly changing emotions. “I think I may love you too,” she admitted.

Without meaning to, the girl shut her eyes. The two leaned even closer, closing the gap between them. His soft lips pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms coiled around her waist. The kiss deepened.

Gently, they pulled apart. Both were smiling softly. “Thank you,” the girl said under her breath, so quiet that the boy sitting right next to her wasn’t sure he had heard her at first.

“For what?” She stared deeply into his eyes. He held her gaze, reciprocating the intensity. “For giving me a reason to live again. For saving me from falling.”

“Anytime. Thank you, too. Thanks for letting me in. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

At the same time, the two teenagers said, “I love you,” sealing their fate.

The two leaned in closer, their foreheads, then lips, pressing against the other’s.

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:54 am:

I love this, it's so romantic

LuvLeila said...
thts so beautiful

Starling23 said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 1:34 am:
Oh my. I feel like I have lived your story. It was very beautiful and I felt connected to it. Good job.

MacyJo said...
The comments below mine say something the generally means that although this story is beautiful and a dream come true for anyone, thats exactally what it seems to be, a dream. I say this is real. Fairytale love is very possible. Your depiction of both the character's emotions and the way you left the background story of why the poor girl was crying are astounding. I wanted to cry when i read this. Thank you!

CutWrtingLoose said...
okay your obviously either in love or want to be veryyy badly, it was a cute little romantic story but also on the verge of cheesy and there wasn't much of a storyline, it was like a stream of conscience kinda thing

Art94 replied...
Nov. 1, 2011 at 2:04 pm :
But that what makes the story so beautiful and powerful!!! She left us guessing of what happend that caused so much emotion. 

asianflannelcouple2 said...
I know this wasn't supposed to make me laugh, but the best part was when they said I love you which "sealed their fate together". You seem to be a true romantic and that's good. It seemed less of reality and more along the lines of wanted romance which I bet teens will relate and love. I suggest focusing on on word choice and such to allow for less cliches. It will make your writing so much more interesting and original. This story is probably described as, and I quote most teen girls,'' like so... (more »)

asianflannelcouple2 said...
The only difference between this and Twilight is that when they kissed and the guy actually didn't pull away. But this has a nice fairy tale ring to it because it doesn't seem like reality works this way. Oh young love haha

asianflannelcouple1 said...
This was a wonderful comedy but to beleive that romance happens like this would be to live in a life of denial as touching as that young man crying while holding her was it just will never happen in real life but i do give you props because what you wrote was DEFINITLY better than anything stephanie myers wrote you have a definite talent for writing :)

TradeMistakes13 said...
this story is really beautiful. i was a little confused at times but i loved it all the same. write more on this, please...

musiccrazy said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 11:55 am:
Great job loved the story! Keep writing you have talent!

Fallyn said...
Fantastic story! Great job. 

ChocoMint said...
Very good description, could you please check out my story "Snowy Bliss"?

HollerGirl26 said...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 9:41 am:
I loooove this :) so sweet..at parts, I must admit I did get a little confused with who was talking but great job!! <3

Cielo4ever said...

A to the frickin mazin! I loved it!!

Could you read my story:

you plus me equals we

In the Land of Myrlie

and/or

Vanish

ZaZaGoober said...
This article is one of the most well written i have seen on here and i hope if you persue a career in writing that one day i'll be picking up one of your books from borders :D

Emmazing said...
Wow...I cant even... This is just amazing. 

Divagirl508 said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:48 am:
what a masterpiece! Keep more coming.

MetalHead36 said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm:
This was an unbelievable piece. The description was beautiful, the dialogue flowed like a running stream, and the whole concept of the piece just...worked. It was one of the best pieces I've read on this site. Bravo.

MetalHead36 said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:14 pm:
I can't tell you how unbelievably good this piece is. From the description to the climax....wow. I'm jaw-droppingly impressed. Bravo.