Intensity | Teen Ink

Intensity

By Lindsey_O GOLD, Marshfield, Massachusetts
Lindsey_O GOLD, Marshfield, Massachusetts

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

The tears poured off her eyelids; slid down her cheeks; fell to the floor. Slowly she sank to the ground, trembling slightly. Her breath came in deep sobs, wracking her chest. She barely had enough air. She did not hear the soft footfalls coming ever closer. She did not see him as he sat down next to her. She did, however, feel as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Turning slightly, the girl buried her face in his shoulder. Her friend held her tighter, resting his head in her soft chestnut curls.

The two of them sat that way for what felt like hours; the girl sobbing loudly on the boy’s shoulder, the boy holding her quietly, steadfastly. Finally, the girl released her last tear. She looked up at the boy, eyes red from crying, cheeks flushed. He turned to her, a small crooked smile on his lips. To the girl’s surprise, tears were slipping down his face as well. “Why are you crying?” she asked softly, voice cracking. The boy considered the question for a second.

“I am crying because you are crying,” he replied truthfully as yet another tear trickled down his handsome face. His smile was still there, unwavering.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at her. A chill like an electric current flowed through both of them. The air around them tingled with static. Slowly, as if pulled by some invisible force, the two teenagers moved closer. Their faces were within a hair’s breath of each other’s. “Why me?” she whispered. “Why did you choose me?” Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for an answer written on his face. “You are the only one who’s real. The only one out of all those girls who knows what it means to truly love someone. Even though he broke your heart, you just keep going. I like that. I think… I think I may even love that.”

His eyes gleamed with a passion long suppressed. “I think I may love you.” His sweet breath lingered on her lips. The girl’s heart began to beat frantically, as if trying to keep up with her rapidly changing emotions. “I think I may love you too,” she admitted.

Without meaning to, the girl shut her eyes. The two leaned even closer, closing the gap between them. His soft lips pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms coiled around her waist. The kiss deepened.

Gently, they pulled apart. Both were smiling softly. “Thank you,” the girl said under her breath, so quiet that the boy sitting right next to her wasn’t sure he had heard her at first.

“For what?” She stared deeply into his eyes. He held her gaze, reciprocating the intensity. “For giving me a reason to live again. For saving me from falling.”

“Anytime. Thank you, too. Thanks for letting me in. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

At the same time, the two teenagers said, “I love you,” sealing their fate.

The two leaned in closer, their foreheads, then lips, pressing against the other’s.

choirchic101 SILVER, Norwalk, California

in order for God to use all of you you have to be completely broken

it was cute you should make it into a long story. it would be really good

on Oct. 23 2010 at 9:45 am
RoseDewittBukater, Winnipeg, Other
Wow, this was really, really beautiful! You gave me that sensation of being alive with the characters in the story, experiencing all the action first-hand. Is this all? I mean, was this it for Intensity? If so, good job.

on Oct. 23 2010 at 8:34 am
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
I really liked this lol it was sad and sweet at the same time cos she was all sad and then he cheered her up. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would pleas look at my work and comment on it. People are reading it, but I haven't gotten any comments......

lena.ivette BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 article 1 photo 10 comments
so so so so cute! this was so well written :D i love it

MosoSem GOLD said...
MosoSem GOLD, Maseru, Other

"I'm beautiful in my way, because God makes no mistakes, baby I was born this way!", Lady Gaga.

I love this. You are an amzing writer, a force to be reckoned with. You are great! Great great great great Greay! I'm speechless. You left me awed. Great!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Well, actually, what happened was, for this story, I was having a really bad day at first. My cell phone accidentally went off during an assembly and there was some family stuff that was stressing me out a whole lot. Long story short, I started bawling in the auditorium. And my friend, who just so happens to be a guy, was sitting next to my other friend, and the whole time he was trying to make me smile. It just made me feel really nice, that despite being sad and crying, someone cared enough to try and make me smile. So, when I got home, I used those feelings from that day, and it translated into this story! When you run out of inspiration, look to experiences in your own life, and then... elaborate! Put your emotions onto someone else, expand them, dramatizie them! I dunno if that will work for you, but it's what I do sometimes and it helps when I really dont know what to write!

Hope I could help!!! :D

classngrl BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

the sun also shines on the wicked.

-lucius Seneca

idk if u can share ur secrets but i was just wondering where u got the inspiration to do this story. i mean, how do u get the inspiration to sit down and write the whole story? i can get the idea and the first couple of paragraphs but then i just quit, cuz i just quit feeling it... its hard to explain but i just needed an idea for my inspiration! thank u!!! and like i said! GREAT JOB!!

the sun also shines on the wicked.

-lucius Seneca

idk if u can share ur secrets but i was just wondering... where do u get ur ideas like this? and from that point where do u get the inspiration to write a whole story! i can only get the main point and the first paragraph or two but i never feel like i can finsh... just wondering how u did it! like i said before GREAT JOB!!!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Thank you!! :D And I bet he must be a really great friend! Thanks again!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Oh wow thank you!!! I'm glad you liked it so much!!! :D I love hearing what people think of this!! Thank you so so much!!!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Oh yeah I know! hahaha XD I just felt like writing something happy and sappy (ooh lookie, a rhyme) when I wrote this, and here we are! Thank you though!! :D

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Thanks!!!

And you definately should! People have some really great critiques and encouragment that they're willing to share! :D It really is a great thing! So you should definately post some of your stuff! :)

Thanks again!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

aww thanks!!! haha you're comment just made me feel all bubbly inside too! :D Really, thank you!!!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

hehe that just made me smile :) Thank you sooo so much!! XD It really means a lot!!!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Thank you so much!!! :D And yeah I know, sometimes I go back and read this and I think the exact same thing >_< But what's done is done, and I'll just work on getting better with future work!! XD Thank you so much though!

on Oct. 6 2010 at 7:39 am
amlee1212 BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia

"I'll love you forever or find something better..."

Wow. This article is so moving. It tugs at your heart-strings and you just feel pure emotion inside. The details are amazingly explained. Great job!

the sun also shines on the wicked.

-lucius Seneca

haha... i cried too!

the sun also shines on the wicked.

-lucius Seneca

That was sooooo SWEET!!!!! I can only dream bout a bf like that!!!Good job writing this story! i feel all bubbly inside! hehehehe :)

TW_Gonner said...
TW_Gonner, Garland, Texas

"NEVER A FAILURE, ALWAYS A LESSON"

i love this!!!!!!!! i was crying in class because this was so GREAT! i wish i had a relationship like that.

on Oct. 1 2010 at 9:54 am
ilovetinkerbell GOLD, Raytown, Missouri

Be yourself!!!

I love this. It remindes me of how my closest friend is. He is exactly like that. Great job.

:)