The Struggles of Tay

Author's note: I wanted to help others. I know how it feels to feel alone. Others shouldn't feel that way. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wanted to help others. I know how it feels to feel alone. Others shouldn't feel that way. I didn't write this for pity. I wrote it for others to get hope and inspiration.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Early Childhood Memories

I was born on August 12,1995 into a loving family. My mother a woman of strength and courage, who also has a big heart. Then my father who is the bravest man I have ever known. He is in the army and a sergeant first class. Extremely intelligent the both of them.
So you now know I am an army brat. When I was a baby I was born in Glendale, Arizona. I them moved to Heidelberg, Germany when I was a baby. I don’t remember any of it but I was a pretty happy kid. Only problems were I always had a hard time sleeping and asthma.
I believe that there is a God. That he puts us through struggles, but never struggles he knows we can’t handle. I believe he holds your hand through it all and even if you let go he is still there beside you. Along with your guardian angel. Everything I have been through I went through for a reason. It made me who I am today. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking as you can tell.
We then moved to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri and I didn’t speak English well. I spoke a combination of German and English. I remember being picked on because kids thought I spoke “funny”. I was put in speech and ha in their faces I learned to read, write, and speak better English then most of them.
I started to enjoy English. At first I struggled, but it is now one of my greatest strengths. From spelling, to writing lyrics, poetry, and short stories. I just feel amazing when I write or read. When I read I can see the pictures in my head. My imagination just runs wild. When I write I can express myself. I just feel like a new person when I do. So the hard work paid off.
Even though my speech was fixed I was still picked on as a young child. I was smart and that was a target, I wasn’t really the cutest kid so that was another target, and I was usually teacher’s pet.
A few years of living in the middle of nowhere and we moved to Arizona. I switched schools several times there too, due to my dad’s job. My grandfather died while I was still in Missouri. One of the greatest men that ever lived. I don’t remember much about Grandpa considering he died almost eleven years ago. I remember I had a great bond with him and he had a bigger heart and the best intentions towards everyone than anyone I have ever known. It breaks my heart that I don’t remember much about him.
I remember seeing his body in the casket when I was six years old. I had nightmares for years about it. Eventually became depressed at a young age. Years of therapy and it still breaks my heart, but I know he is in a better place now. Especially since he was very religious.
We moved to Arizona a year after his death I think, oh and I have three siblings by the way a sister who was born in Germany, and two brothers who were both born in Arizona. But in Arizona I attended a few schools like I said got pretty good grades. Most embarrassing moment I remember though was when I was in the first grade and had to read to another class. Then when the teacher says,” And that’s how it is done!” I can guarantee you that you’re face turns the color of a tomato.
I also remember doing this wonderful project on jaguars in the third grade, but receiving a “C” because the report was apparently done with words copied off of the internet. I was livid the report was perfect! Even the project was perfect we put a rainforest background in, we built a wooden box, made our own waterfall and river, used plastic animals, and put in trees! The lady must have thought someone else did it, but my dad and I worked so hard. Then I receive a “C”! Lady, that was “A” material.
I also had a big heart third grade I remember being late for class because there was a small kid and she couldn’t reach the water fountain. So I risked being late and lifted her so she could get a drink of water. When I told the teacher why I was late I was told ,” No excuse!”
We moved back to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri the summer that I was going into fourth grade. Elementary school in Missouri with a bunch of army brats is the worst experience, ever! I was bullied and I had a teacher who was way rough on me so my grades were slipping and she thought I was the biggest idiot. I didn’t understand any of the math, the science was so hard, and this broke my heart because it was my best subject but none of my English work was good enough. Even though I was reading at a grade above mine level, and won a writing contest! She was so hard on me. My determination went out the window and my depression was terrible especially because I was being tortured by kids. By the way puberty at a young age is terrible! I blame the chemicals in fast food!
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »