Give Me a New Mommy

Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning
Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

Age 11 & 12

At age eleven I was just getting older and I was maturing I was in the 6th grade. I was still the new kid in school and people were mean. I was in a Special Ed class and I was determined to get out. I got out I went to normal Ed History, English, Math and Science. I was a pretty good kid over all in school but I had problems at home. That was the year I got jumped trust me it was not going to happen again. In that summer I did not get to go to Canada with the rest of my foster brothers and sisters because I had been testing all limits in my foster home. Thank God they didn’t give up on me. Also in that summer it was the first time I went to christen camp while I was there I felt awkward, basically I was a miss fit. While I was there I got a crush on a girl named Ariel at the time I did not know her last name.
While I was there I wrote her a poem I tried to give it to her in church but of course she did not except it.

Give Me a New Mommy
But later I tried to give it to her at the camp fire she accepted it and it made her cry. I asked was it really that bad to my surprise she said “It was the sweetest thing she ever read and no one said those I kind of things to me before.” All I said in the poem was how I thought she was so beautiful and other sweet things like that. It surprised me that she never had anyone call her that before, of course I was still young. Later on she invited me to a special dinner the day before camp ended. It was the most amazing thing that happened to me I never had a girl pay attention to me like that before.

Mydagirl said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm:
I was in foster care form the age of 10 days to 16 months old,I feel for you.

Abbey W. said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm:
I LOVED IT YOU SHOULD KEEP WRIGHTING IT REMINDS ME OF MY LIFE (SURDA)

AubreyD. said...
Your book was great! I love it. Keep writing, kiddo!