Give Me a New Mommy

Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning
Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Age 3

It all started at the age of three. I lived in a motel that had a really bad infestation of cockroaches. The motel trim was dark red like the color of blood and the walls were white. The cockroaches were as big as a grown mans middle finger. My mom and then dad had a bed; I had the floor with the roaches. I had to use a quäzy moto blanket; it’s the guy from the movie Hunch Back of Notre Dame. Till this very day I feel like roaches are crawling on my body when I sleep. One day, my dad got me a bike; it was orange and black and very small. My dad put black training wheels on it. Right away I used it; me being bright for my age asked my dad to take the training wheels off and I rode perfectly, I never used them again. One day, I got into my mom’s white small fridge she had in the motel. My mom was irresponsible and did not have a chain on it. She had beer in it and I got a hold of the beer and drank it on the stairs to one of the motel room doors. I learned this behavior from my alcoholic mom.

Give Me a New Mommy
I woke up dazed and confused on the same stairs and a guy was looking at me, thank God he was a Good Samaritan and called the police. That was the first time I could have died. The police just gave my mom a warning. My mom was poor and had to work. So I was watched by a guy
His name is dick for the purpose of a name and his wife jacklyn, dick was also a drunk. I went to his house and they had a screw driver on the floor and I decide to stick it in a wall plug. That was the second time I could
have died.
I think the only thing that saved me was the end of the screw driver, and maybe the fact that it was a big and long screw driver. Later on that day, we went for a drive. I was in an orange van. It was old and rusted the seats had rips in them. It looked like the classic creeper van. I was with dick the drunk. He was drunk at the time, and was in the van with his wife jacklyn and their kids. It was winter and he was driving over 80mph; at the time I did not know that. Well there was Ice on the road and the van flipped 9 times. I was upside down and strapped in. After we stopped I flipped myself over, and got out through a rolled down widow. When I got out of the window I saw him getting arrested.

Give Me New Mommy
If you think a three year old can’t get out of a booster seat, it’s a lie they can. He got arrested after that and my mom was called. Lets recap that was three times by the age of three that I almost died. Later on that year my mom divorced my dad. So, while dick was in jail I went to another baby sitter, and I did not like her. Her son and later my mom’s drug connection was watching me had to change me and he broke my leg. My mom told me to tell the doctor that I broke it while riding my bike. Total B.S but he bought it.
My Mom worked at a diner called the 29 Diner in Fairfax Va., and I think it’s still there. It was a very famous, and it was a very popular place for College students to have Coffee. Here’s a little fact about me when I was young all the girls told me how colorful my vocabulary was.
Let’s just say I Cursed like a sailor every other word was the f word, but the girls still thought I knew a lot for my age. I guess a little too much for my own good.

Give Me a New Mommy
I still today have away with the lady’s. I'm not as bad as a once was; I’m now more well behaved. After this happened I still went to that family where I got my leg broken by that idiot. I went there one day and I was getting tired of his mom, so I decided to rebel. I decided to go outside to climb a pine tree! It was really super high, sticky and I could see for what seemed like miles. I was afraid to get down, so I stayed up there. After awhile the mom decided to look for me; by that time the social worker was already called on her. I was an angry little boy and I went into a mental hospital because they thought I was crazy and because I had nowhere to go.

MydagirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm:
I was in foster care form the age of 10 days to 16 months old,I feel for you.

Abbey W. said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm:
I LOVED IT YOU SHOULD KEEP WRIGHTING IT REMINDS ME OF MY LIFE (SURDA)

AubreyD. said...
Your book was great! I love it. Keep writing, kiddo!