New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Destructive Echoes

Author's note: I was down when writing this piece and started thinking about my life. I realised that I don't...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was down when writing this piece and started thinking about my life. I realised that I don't have to blame myself for everything that happened/happens in my life.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Raphael was his name

Over the holidays, all that was on my mind was finding someone to love and... there was a guy who was constantly on my mind ever since I laid eyes on him. His name Raphael and he was very artistic in every way (great actor, dancer, singer, etc.). I fell inlove with him during our first year in high school. Problem was I thought he was heterosexual but I couldn’t help it but fantasize about him daily and wonder if he noticed me. We were very close friends, we shared everything (even personal things about his relationship with his girlfriend). Nothing killed me more than when he would brag about her and I would wish that he was bragging about me. We used to quarrel a lot though and it was for silly things. Deep down, I knew I only argued with him because I loved him and the feeling wouldn’t be reciprocated no matter how many times I wished upon a star. The love I felt for him exceeded the definition of love itself. It’s not love at first site but similar to it. You have this strong attraction to this person and you know you would do anything for them. Anything they say and do, no matter how stupid and foolish, makes your heart melt. The person is like your direct opposite but at the same time your equivalent and whenever you’re with them, everythings perfect. You can practically hear the birds chirping in the background and see the stars dancing around you. That’s when you know you love the person. He was the one...