Star Trek Bridge Crew on Ps4 | Teen Ink

Star Trek Bridge Crew on Ps4

January 25, 2018
By Tman6969 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Tman6969 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you like immersive games? Well this game is for people who do. Star Trek bridge crew is a PlayStation VR (virtual reality) game that uses the PSVR. It uses motion controllers or the DualShock 4 controller to play. There is single player and 4 player co- op. There are different roles and graphics that will be discussed later.


Single player is more to learn and get the hang of the game.Then the player will  know what to do when playing co-op. There are objectives which pop up as captain. The hardest thing about single player is the AI (artificial intelligence) helm is not very good at the game, but all the other AI are pretty decent at the game.


Co-op
In co-op the player is going to want a good headset or earbuds with a 3.5mm jack (the plug that goes in the port) on the side of the power button thing on the PSVR object, mainly because there’s a lot of communication. It also helps get more into the game and get more immersed. I recommend having at least 3 people for co-op.  There should be a helm, captain and engineer. Thee captain can switch to tactical if needed, but 4 players is optimum.


Roles         

There are 4 different roles: tactical, helm, captain and the engineer. The tactical is the person that controls the shield and weapons. Their job is to scan the area for enemies and civilians ships. They can shoot probes which can track what’s going on by enemy ships. Also they have to scan the target and if life signs exist, transport them if needed. System intrusions is accessed after doing a tactical scan. Some of the options are disrupt the communications, engines, shields and weapons.
        

Helm is another word for the driver. They steer and control the speed of the spaceship. They choose where to go and they’ll tell the captain and engineer when they’re ready for warp and impulse. Then the engineer charges coils for warp or prepares for impulse. The steering pad has up and down. It also has left and right. The speed just goes forward or backwards.
       

The captain tells the others the objectives and what to do. He can plot courses for the helm. Also he gets to yell at the other members to tell them what to do. Like any captain, there’s not much to say about him.
       

The hardest is the engineer because there’s a lot of coordination and skill needed. It’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Mainly because there is a lot of adjusting of engine power, shield strength, and phaser range. She can also reroute power to either the engine, shields or phasers.
       

The graphics are great if the player is not wearing the VR headset, but the VR graphics are still decent with the headset. I prefer the headset because of the attractiveness of the game. It just puts the player more into their shoes.


This is a great game, but I hope they integrate walking around. Right now, the player is glued to the chair. Single player, co-op, and roles are really fun so I recommend getting it to go with a PSVR or any virtual reality headset. If not, then it’s about $200- $500 to get one. The graphics are decent and great, but all depends on what there is to use, VR or non VR. In the game there’s a special ship that  can be used, but only in ongoing voyages. I’m not saying what the ship is, but it’s fun, irritating and interesting if found.