Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Xbox 360

May 19, 2009
By Adrien Trieu BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Adrien Trieu BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 is a wonderful gaming console. It is made by Microsoft and was released in late 2005. The Xbox 360 has 3 different consoles: The Arcade ($200), Pro ($300) (also known as the Premium), and the Elite ($400). The Arcade is the cheapest, then Pro, and finally the Elite.

-Now for the review-


I’ll start off with the Pros first. The Xbox 360 has many superior characteristics. It has wireless accessories, so no more wires to trip on - plus, you can play on your HD TV for a better gaming experience. The Xbox 360 has high -quality online game play which feature one of the best graphics of all the game consoles out there. These realistic graphics make you feel like you are an actual futuristic Spartan while playing the game Halo III. Another great feature of The Xbox 360 is that it has wireless accessories. There are a variety of games ranging from an “E” rating to an “M”rating - so everybody has fun!

Now for the Cons! A major drawback is that you have to pay for online game play; this can be very pricy. Another expense is the cost of batteries, which you’ll have to buy constantly – that’s if you play a lot. However, here’s a tip to get around those pricy batteries – buy rechargeable batteries - it’ll save you money. The games are also rather expensive. They can range from $20 to $40 for a used game and about $60 for a new game. Plus you have a big power source also known as the power brick, which takes up an enormous amount of space and uses up a lot of power. Another draw back is the Red Ring Of Death (RROD). This is when your Xbox 360 gets red lights, people say its when the 360 overheats or a motherboard failure.

Now for my final thoughts, the Xbox 360 is a wonderful gaming system to me. I love it! It has wonderful games and great online game play. I’m able to play with my friends online and meet new people around the world. It’s a superb system, and I suggest you get one to. I promise that you’ll get hours of enjoyment from it.

The author's comments:
I did a review of the Xbox 360 because I really liked it and I know alot about it.