First Time Surviving on 3D This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

December 10, 2017

The Rules Of Survival, an IOS and Android game, rated #4 on the play store. The game is similar to Players Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG) but in mobile! The purpose is being the last to survive either in teams or solo. At the beginning of the game, the survivors start on planes and then fall to the island in parachutes (you get to decide where to fall). The rest is wandering through the island to try to get equipment and eliminate other players. The rules are very similar to The Hunger Games, the only difference is that as time progresses, radiation surrounds the survivors, making the environment even smaller. The Rules of Survival was created by a company named NetEase Games, founded in 2001 and ranked No. 3 on the Top 52 HIghest Earning Publishers in IOS and Android.

One factor that players are interested in is the graphics, the sharpness of the image. The graphics of Rules Of Survival are not the best but since it’s on mobile, they create a sense of reality. The grass and objects from the ground stand out so it makes it easy to hide from other opponents. The complexly designed weapons look impressively realistic, very detailed. The fps goes at a slow rate but results in an astonishing image. The reflection of the water represents the effort they added to the game because the complexity of creating such an image is very high. The map located on the top left corner has geographic factors like the elevation, the buildings, the location of the radiated area, and the biome the player is in. The movement of the character (walking, ducking, driving, shooting, and running) are very specific, mimicking how a real person moves. The game lags when the fps is running slow, depending on the capacity the device can take.

The thing that bugs me the most of this game is the reloads. For example, when trying to reload a gun, it takes more than 5 seconds to finish the process, by that time, the character would be killed. Another situation is when the player is injured severely, and need to use the first aid kit, it takes more than 10 seconds to heal completely and the process cancels if the character moves, so I would be easy prey. When on teams, when I’m unconscious, it takes another 10 seconds for the other player to revive me, so my team and I would die in no time. If I change weapons, the reload cancels since the weapon is no longer been paid attention. The only things that don’t take a long time to reload are fueling a vehicle, and it can be done even by moving. The last thing that stands out in the game is character customization, making the character unique. There are a variety of clothing and accessibilities, from cheap to expensively rare clothing. Each clothing has a special function, like storage increase, speed, or healing. Female characters are also added but had no effect or change than males. New clothing is added every time players increase their rank and so does their cost. Backpacks were added to the game, making a major increase in storage. Armor was also added, increasing the resistance of the player.

I really loved the game because the strategy is deeply used when playing. Although they need to fix the freshening system because the game crashed every 50 minutes or so. They should decrease the reloading functions to make the game closer to perfection. I would like for the company to create bigger lobbies and more worlds. The game has lots of action and high levels of tension, it should be rated #2 on the play store. I rate this game 5 stars, rated PG 13, not M rated.