Doki Doki Literature Club on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Macintosh operating systems | Teen Ink

Doki Doki Literature Club on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Macintosh operating systems

December 9, 2017
By Anonymous

Doki Doki Literature Club is a visual novel game created by Team Salvato. It may look cute, but it has deep physiological twists and turns that keep the player guessing.


The game begins with you as the main character waiting for your childhood best friend Sayori, so that you can walk to school together. She tries to and eventually convinces you to join an after school club:
The Literature Club! There you meet the other characters. The timid and mature Yuri, the brash and arrogant Natsuki, and the seemingly perfect president of the literature club, Monika.


The actual "gameplay" begins when you go home and have to write a poem to share with the girls in the club. You choose 20 words matching whichever girl you wish to end up with-Yuri, Sayori, or Natsuki. The game continues with dark and depressing twists. It begins to mess with not only the main character's mind, but also the player's mind as well.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants a change from the horror games that rely on jump-scares. It takes about 4 hours to play on average but every minute is filled with creativity.

 

So go check out Doki Doki Literature Club, I promise you won't regret it!


The author's comments:

?This game contains mature themes. If you struggle with depression or anxiety I do not recommend you play it.