Seven Nights at the Academy | Teen Ink

Seven Nights at the Academy

November 8, 2015
By Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
28 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
There's no fame without fans.


Review of Seven Nights at the Academy
6.5/10


Concept:
Yet another clone of Five Nights at Freddy's. Seven Nights at the Academy has you use cameras and doors to survive the two creatures coming to end you. Or else I believe that's what it is about. Being as the only story the game has is a brief sumnary that has many typos, there isn't much to go on plot wise.


Gameplay:
While story is lacking, gameplay is anything but. The previously mentioned cameras and doors are your only key to survival. Cameras must be used to keep an eye on the enemy activity, and doors must be used to repel the beasts. Though, there is a drawback to your defenses. They run on power that gradually drains as it is used. In matter of variety of enemies, there isn't any. Throughout the game you'll only encounter the two creatures seen roaming the halls on the first night. However, even they lack a challenge. It isn't until the last quarter of the game when they start becoming difficult to fend off, but that is possibly for the better. Being as they only really become challenging around the end of the game, the great atmosphere the game sets will be accompanied by an unsuspecting jumpscare.


Graphics:
The hand drawn backgrounds and characters help complement the fantastic spooky atmosphere.


Sound:
While there is no music, all the game needs is a little creak to get the blood pumping.


Conclusion:
Seven Nights at the academy is indeed a great scary game. However, it is NOT a great Five Nights at Freddy's clone. While it keeps the same mechanics as the first game, Seven Nights does nothing to differentiate itself from its inspiration. Adding to that is a lack of story with great graphics and sound that sadly cannot save this game.