Mad Max | Teen Ink

Mad Max MAG

October 15, 2015
By Lean_Cuisine SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Lean_Cuisine SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Mad Max” is a very polarizing game. People either feel very positive about it or they are extremely negative. Owning the game on an Xbox One console, I can see why there are so many different opinions.

“Mad Max” is an action-adventure video game developed by Avalanche Studios. It was released on Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and PlayStation 4. It was put on store shelves September 1, 2015. For PS4, Xbox One, and PC you can purchase it for $60. A little pricey, I must say.

“Mad Max” is a prequel to the recent “Mad Max: Fury Road” film released earlier this year. The game’s main antagonist is Scabrous Scrotus, the third son of Morton Joe from “Fury Road.” Scrotus controls the oil within the region with his own faction of war boys. Scrotus and his clan ride around killing and harassing the local survivors. Naturally Max doesn’t like that, but luckily for him he meets a hunchback mechanic named Chum Bucket who believes that Max is the prophet sent to deliver the strongest car the desert has ever seen, which is the Magnus Opus.

This game is very pleasing to the eye. The graphics are great and buttery smooth, and each region has a different setting – from Rocky Mountains to polluted sludge areas. Scrap is the currency, and you’re going to need it to upgrade your car and your character’s abilities and improve your strongholds. What it all boils down to is whether any of it is fun. The answer is of course!

Many people’s issue with the game was that they found it repetitive, but in my perspective many games are. I recommend purchasing it when the console and PC cost go down. As for the movie … I wouldn’t bother.

This game is rated M for mature.