One Piece Unlimited World Red on PlayStation 3 | Teen Ink

One Piece Unlimited World Red on PlayStation 3

February 9, 2015
By Arnol Saucedo-Guerrero BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Arnol Saucedo-Guerrero BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One Piece Unlimited World Red is a hack and slash, RPG, free roaming game that brings out the most out each character (their moves, their characteristics, and their personality style to perfectly fit their person). Even though being the 35th game in the series, it offers the player new innovative gameplay for each of the consoles you get it for (whether being ps3, ps4, xbox360, xbox1, or the 3ds). It also offers the player easy to use controls. It also offers more difficulty to the player, because you have to actually get the items, do a series of combos and you actually have to depend on defense than just attacking.

In OP Unlimited World Red you actually have to collect as much of the items as you can. The mass amount of items are necessary to pass certain parts in the game and they are needed to upgrade items and your characters or you will eventually get stuck in one of the levels, so by collecting a lot of items it can give you an overall boost (but first you need to get the items).


As an increase in difficulty, the games offers you series of combos for you to do as a character.  It is challenging because some of your move sets are strong against the enemy and so you won’t complete them all some of the times. It resets once you change scenes in a level. It also resets if you get hit or if you get dealt damage. So sometimes, you won’t be able to complete the series of combos. Though when you do, you’ll get miniscule amount of time when your attack power and defense increase drastically (happens right after you complete series of combos).


Also in the game, you have to defend yourself from attacks other than just relying on offense. There are some moves/attacks from which you can’t just get away from just by attacking. There is also other times in which neither is the option and you have to doge the attack, run away, and make sure you don’t get hit.


Despite being an overall awesome and fun to play game, it still has it downsides. One of the thing I don’t like about it is that in story mode you can’t be all of the available characters. I also don’t like the fact that you can’t be every character you face (some of the bosses) in the game or other people in the anime than just the ones you have, though the ones that are basically some of the main people in the anime so far (mostly at the point they are now). Then they will be able to add more variety and flavor to the game. Though it’s worth all of your time and money, especially for fans of the anime.