All About Candy Crush on PC/Mobile | Teen Ink

All About Candy Crush on PC/Mobile

January 27, 2015
By Joshua Hoey SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Joshua Hoey SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I have been playing Candy Crush for at least a year now, and I am pretty good at it too.It is one of my favorite games, but also one of my least favorite at the same time! I know almost everything about the game, and it is pretty useful when I am stuck on a tough level. That “Bubblegum Troll” loves when I am on a difficult level. The Bubblegum Troll is an antagonist in the game and does bad things to characters, such as trying to destroy a cat’s pagoda, or stealing Tiffi’s candies from her. There is a booster named after him which destroys all chocolate and halts Chocolate Spawners for 5 whole moves! Today I shall be reviewing this game and a few other aspects of it too. I am going to talk all about some stuff on Candy Crush, and give a few opinions on it as well!

The gameplay is pretty similar to Bejeweled in which someone matches 3 or more candies to clear them off of the board, but candy crush has special levels that BJ doesn’t have. Candy Crush has many different combos like Color bomb, Color bomb which clears the board like 2 hypercubes, but if you combine a color bomb and striped candy it makes them all striped of that color instead of just getting rid of that color. There are also blockers which BJ has a few in a secret mode but candy crush has far more of them, and some have strange properties which can help or hurt. But what really sucks is that Candy Crush glitches more than lots of other games, like freezing up frequently, or making you do the level again even though it was beaten! It is an interesting setup,but isn’t as easy as Bejeweled is sadly enough,  Candy Crush is like 20x harder than BJ ever was, even though it seems a lot easier.

The game has over Thirteen Hundred levels all throughout 80- ish episodes. Here’s the bad part: Candy Crush has over 500 tough levels throughout the game, and i’ll list a portion of them: 134, 677, 226, 158, 578, 290, 167, 169, 266, 245 is the one I’m stuck on currently, 425, 140, 152, 421, 70, 530, 199, 70, 181(hardest ingredients level) 210 on facebook, 782, 182(hardest timed level) 323, 305, 347, 361, 377(hardest candy order level) 461(hardest jelly level) 110(hardest moves level) meant to be in the beginning, 437 HARD!, 758, 765, and finally 500. All of those levels pose a serious amount of difficulty, and are extremely tough to beat without experience and luck! Even I had a tough time with a lot of those levels up to 245, and I am really good at this game too! A fair amount are really fun to play, but make me angry when I don’t pass within a few tries.

One aspect of the game that I really enjoy, is mystery candies. Mystery candies are good and bad. They can give out really useful boosters but also give out annoying blockers that impede progress on a level such as chocolate or low timer bombs. Another aspect that is good is when lots of cascades occur due to four colors on the board. Level 252 is a really good example of that because its a four color timed level with lots of +5 candies falling down every few moves and I mean a lot of them, and also 20+ million scores have been achieved on this sole level! A bad one is on ingredient drop levels when there are stuck zones and dead zones which require moving the items over to another column, which is hard and sometimes impossible to do in certain levels. Some aspects are to be loved, but others just need to be hated at all times when necessary.


This game is just so fun to play, but also really frustrating and annoying to all sorts of players. Candy Crush may cause too much addiction and possibly make someone have an unhealthy obsession with it. Proceed with caution to this fun and exciting game which has over one-hundred million players, and that’s just on Facebook alone! Here’s a quote from “The Lion King” that many will need at some point and that is... “BE PREPARED”. I didn’t even know this game at first until I saw it on Facebook, so I tried it and immediately loved the darn thing! It was just so shocking that I was really good at it with little practice and patience. Truly a very shocking thing to me! If I hadn’t discovered this game, I would be pretty bored very often each week and that isn’t good whatsoever.

While I watched “Teen Titans Go!” Raven said something and then the site I was watching froze up, and afterward I said screw it and went on FB. Little did I know, that I would find a new realm called “Dreamworld” with lots of new features and stuff. So I went to play Candy Crush and saw that I unlocked a new world called Dreamworld. This realm is similar to Reality, but there are new features like an owl that will cause a “Moonstruck”, Tiffi dreaming about happy versions of Reality happenings, and now nobody has to ask anyone to get to the next episode,or buy tickets, but in order to play it, the reality episode a player must complete the Reality version of that episode before going into it, and also level 50 must be complete. Dreamworld can be pretty fun and exciting, and perhaps some of the levels are even more frustrating than their Reality counterparts, such as: 118, 376, 415, 289, and 237. Dreamworld has fewer levels than Reality so far because it was released around the time that “Meringue Moor” came around, which was around September, but the first 65 levels were released in late November. The owl I mentioned earlier is the main mascot of Dreamworld due to Tiffi being asleep, and he balances on the “Moon Scale” which is like a balance, but it has a meter on it to tell you when “Moonstruck will occur. Moonstruck happens when the Moon scale is filled up, and it removes one or two colors from the board causing lots of cascades, unless the board is really small and filled with blockers and holes. The toughest level type here is thought to be Candy Order levels because when Moonstruck happens it may remove a candy color that is required to fill the order, therefore making the level harder. Just like Reality there are quite a few tough levels, but not nearly as many as in Reality, but the hardest ones can be tougher than the toughest ones in Reality, examples of this are 289 which is the hardest candy order level, 118, a very very hard jelly level 376, which is incredibly hard due to so many ingredients and a fifth color instead of four colors.Timed levels aren’t in Dreamworld due to the mechanics of the Moon Scale, which really sucks because they are just so easy! Now do me a favor and start crushing those candies, and have a wonderful time until you get to 181!

Thanks for reading my review and finally, my rating of this game is... 4.5  out of 5 stars!!!


The author's comments:

I know almost everything about this game, and I just wanted to share my knowledge on Candy Crush