God of War 3 on Playstation 3 | Teen Ink

God of War 3 on Playstation 3

February 11, 2011
By carlos BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
carlos BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"The measure of a man is what he does with power", says Plato. God of War 3 is an action adventure game that was released worldwide on March 2010, exclusively on the Playstation 3. This is the fifth and maybe the last installment to the series. God of War 3 delivers where it counts: it’s epic, brutal, bloody, and arguably the best looking video game yet.

In the final chapter of the storyline, Kratos puts his last efforts into ending the reign of Olympus. The story explained everything with sufficient story telling that set the mood greatly. It was generally informative in not explaining how Kratos would complete his revenge but why the gods were so fiend with him. The reintroduction of Pandora's Box creates the story to an even more mystical and mythical state that makes it more interesting to learn about Greek mythology.
Visuals in this game are convincing and come to life as it truly presents how the imagination of the world might have been like. The size and scale around you looks as if it were to be ripped out of the movie 300 with open landscapes like mountains and roman temples. Environments and characters look equally detailed with lighting and shadowing that translate exceptional depth towards realism. What I am most impressed about is how the game runs so well without a studder in the frame rate. As Kratos embarks on his treacherous journey through Olympus and the Underworld, you experience the biggest boss fights that have extraordinary detail to even the littlest things. As far as the eye can reach, there is a tremendous amount of complexity between different areas that offer a breathtaking experience.

God of War 3 is a fantastic game that meets high expectations that make it one of the best PS3’s titles of all time. This game could definitely teach other developers how to make an action game. As how X-Plays reviewer Adam Sessler said, “If you have a Playstation 3, get this game. If you don’t have a Playstation 3, get one and then get this game. It’s that damn good.”